GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Pulmonaria longifolia (blue lungwort) problems (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/179778-pulmonaria-longifolia-blue-lungwort-problems.html)

Larry Gagnon 15-11-2008 05:14 PM

Pulmonaria longifolia (blue lungwort) problems

We have 5 of these plants, which since mid summer have been attacked by
something, causing a whitish moldy look to almost all the leaves, and they
appear to now be rapidly dying. Any idea what this could be and is there a
solution?

Any assistance greatly appreciated.

Larry Gagnin

--
For direct email remove fake.

someone 15-11-2008 11:45 PM

"Larry Gagnon" wrote in message
We have 5 of these plants, which since mid summer have been attacked by
something, causing a whitish moldy look to almost all the leaves, and they
appear to now be rapidly dying. Any idea what this could be and is there a
solution?

Any assistance greatly appreciated.

Larry Gagnin

You have powdery mildew, a known problem of Pulmonarias. I can't tell you
much about it but a Google on "Pulmonaria mildew" will set you on the
correct path.

someone

Janet Conroy 16-11-2008 02:12 PM

You have powdery mildew, a known problem of Pulmonarias. I can't tell you
much about it but a Google on "Pulmonaria mildew" will set you on the
correct path.

Someone: I just tried that and got your post as the first hit! "Powdery mildew" takes you to a RHS advice page - much more useful.

someone[/quote]

someone 17-11-2008 01:23 AM

"Janet Conroy" wrote in message

You have powdery mildew, a known problem of Pulmonarias. I can't tell
you
much about it but a Google on "Pulmonaria mildew" will set you on the
correct path.

Someone: I just tried that and got your post as the first hit!

WOW! Fame at last!

"Powdery mildew" takes you to a RHS advice page - much more useful.

I was just trying to home in on powdery mildew in relation to Pulmonarias
but yes, the RHS page would have been a better idea.

someone