Old 15-11-2008, 06:14 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Pulmonaria longifolia (blue lungwort) problems

We have 5 of these plants, which since mid summer have been attacked by
something, causing a whitish moldy look to almost all the leaves, and they
appear to now be rapidly dying. Any idea what this could be and is there a
solution?

Any assistance greatly appreciated.

Larry Gagnin

--
For direct email remove fake.
Old 16-11-2008, 12:45 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Larry Gagnon" wrote in message
newsp.ukn7i9uvaiss39@localhost...
We have 5 of these plants, which since mid summer have been attacked by
something, causing a whitish moldy look to almost all the leaves, and they
appear to now be rapidly dying. Any idea what this could be and is there a
solution?

Any assistance greatly appreciated.

Larry Gagnin

You have powdery mildew, a known problem of Pulmonarias. I can't tell you
much about it but a Google on "Pulmonaria mildew" will set you on the
correct path.

someone

Old 16-11-2008, 03:12 PM
Registered User

You have powdery mildew, a known problem of Pulmonarias. I can't tell you
much about it but a Google on "Pulmonaria mildew" will set you on the
correct path.

Someone: I just tried that and got your post as the first hit! "Powdery mildew" takes you to a RHS advice page - much more useful.

someone[/quote]
Old 17-11-2008, 02:23 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Janet Conroy" wrote in message

You have powdery mildew, a known problem of Pulmonarias. I can't tell
you
much about it but a Google on "Pulmonaria mildew" will set you on the
correct path.

Someone: I just tried that and got your post as the first hit!

WOW! Fame at last!

"Powdery mildew" takes you to a RHS advice page - much more useful.

I was just trying to home in on powdery mildew in relation to Pulmonarias
but yes, the RHS page would have been a better idea.

someone