GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Gardeners World (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/179880-gardeners-world.html)

Pete C[_2_] 21-11-2008 09:04 PM

Gardeners World

I really enjoyed tonights prog. Being a new allotmenteer, I loved seeing
Joe's progress in one prog. I planted broad beans this morning, really
satisfying :)
--
Pete C
London UK

Granity 22-11-2008 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete C[_2_] (Post 823262)
I really enjoyed tonights prog. Being a new allotmenteer, I loved seeing
Joe's progress in one prog. I planted broad beans this morning, really
satisfying :)
--
Pete C
London UK

Yes a good programme, as was last weeks, it's a much improved programme now we have a new presenter with a sensible approach to gardening.

BOFH 25-11-2008 08:16 PM

Gardeners World

"Granity" wrote in message
Yes a good programme, as was last weeks, it's a much improved programme
now we have a new presenter with a sensible approach to gardening.

its much improved.

Whilst no doubt a tremendous bloke, I never took to Monty's years, I felt
the green warrior
bit was taken a little far to be honest...some of us use miracle grow and
growmore.
Toby has nailed it, nice and unassuming, like early AT...

Alan Johnson 28-11-2008 06:47 AM

Gardeners World

Pete C wrote:
I really enjoyed tonights prog. Being a new allotmenteer, I loved seeing
Joe's progress in one prog. I planted broad beans this morning, really
satisfying :)

I found Doh Joe and his allotment ridiculous from the outset. I found it
very tedious and boring to watch the whole escapade again in compact
form. I switched over. GW has been way to 'up there' for a long time.
This attempt at bringing it down to earth failed miserably and Joe made
himself the laughing stock of those allotments.

Regards

--
Alan Johnson, Geotr@ns
www.geotrans-online.de