GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   moss (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/180215-moss.html)

Stephen[_6_] 07-12-2008 04:10 PM

moss

Hello,

A lot of moss has appeared on our drive (tarmac). What's the best
thing to get rid of it?

Thanks,
Stephen.

Rusty_Hinge[_2_] 07-12-2008 04:44 PM

moss

The message
from Stephen contains these words:

Hello,

A lot of moss has appeared on our drive (tarmac). What's the best
thing to get rid of it?

Water and a stiff broom.

--
Rusty
Separator in search of a sig

Malcolm 07-12-2008 10:33 PM

moss

Martin wrote:
On Sun, 07 Dec 2008 16:10:52 +0000, Stephen wrote:

Hello,

A lot of moss has appeared on our drive (tarmac). What's the best
thing to get rid of it?

water it with ferrous/ferric somat crystals dissolved in water or buy a moss
killer in a garden centre.

http://www.uaf.edu/ces/publications/.../HGA-00133.pdf

Ferrous sulphate, sold as Sulphate of Iron

Malcolm

Ed 07-12-2008 10:54 PM

moss

On 07/12/08 16:28, Martin wrote:
On Sun, 07 Dec 2008 16:10:52 +0000, Stephen wrote:

Hello,

A lot of moss has appeared on our drive (tarmac). What's the best
thing to get rid of it?

water it with ferrous/ferric somat crystals dissolved in water or buy a moss
killer in a garden centre.

http://www.uaf.edu/ces/publications/.../HGA-00133.pdf

I tried sodium chlorate.. i thougt that would kill anything.. but y it
not work on moss??

Stephen Wolstenholme 08-12-2008 01:59 PM

moss

wrote:

Hello,

A lot of moss has appeared on our drive (tarmac). What's the best
thing to get rid of it?

Thanks,
Stephen.

I don't know what is the best to get rid of moss on tarmac but my
pathway has remained clear since it was washed with salty water last
year. That's common salt.

Steve

--
Neural Planner Software Ltd http://www.NPSL1.com