GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Most fondled (somewhat on topic) (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/180290-most-fondled-somewhat-topic.html)

Cat(h) 12-12-2008 01:38 PM

Most fondled (somewhat on topic)

I read recently, in one of those most edifying wimmin's magazines one
finds in hairdressers and dentists' waiting rooms, that Alan
Titchmarshe's Madame Tussaud's wax figure was among the "most
fondled".
I was a bit sceptical, but I have since discovered that Tussaud's
policy in recent years has been to remove the ropes from its display
and to encourage visitors to touch the figures.
Furthermore, Wikipedia (see below under miscellanea) confirms Alan
Titchmarshe's Tussaud's figure's status...
How could I *not* share this with this here august company?

Wishing you all (a bit early) a happy and peaceful Christmas.

Cat(h)

Cat(h) 12-12-2008 01:49 PM

On Dec 12, 1:38*pm, "Cat(h)" wrote:
I read recently, in one of those most edifying wimmin's magazines one
finds in hairdressers and dentists' waiting rooms, that Alan
Titchmarshe's Madame Tussaud's wax figure was among the "most
fondled".
I was a bit sceptical, but I have since discovered that Tussaud's
policy in recent years has been to remove the ropes from its display
and to encourage visitors to touch the figures.
Furthermore, Wikipedia (see below under miscellanea) confirms Alan
Titchmarshe's Tussaud's figure's status...
How could I *not* share this with this here august company?

Wishing you all (a bit early) a happy and peaceful Christmas.

Cat(h)

Oops forgot link

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alan_Titchmarsh

Cat(h)

K 12-12-2008 03:24 PM

Most fondled (somewhat on topic)

"Cat(h)" writes
I read recently, in one of those most edifying wimmin's magazines one
finds in hairdressers and dentists' waiting rooms, that Alan
Titchmarshe's Madame Tussaud's wax figure was among the "most
fondled".

I read that too. But in my case it was in a book in Waterstones which
had a few pages on each of the '50 Britons who had done most to damage
British life' ;-)

I was a bit sceptical, but I have since discovered that Tussaud's
policy in recent years has been to remove the ropes from its display
and to encourage visitors to touch the figures.
Furthermore, Wikipedia (see below under miscellanea) confirms Alan
Titchmarshe's Tussaud's figure's status...
How could I *not* share this with this here august company?

Wishing you all (a bit early) a happy and peaceful Christmas.

I rather wish you hadn't. It's a bit creepy.
--
Kay

shazzbat 12-12-2008 07:27 PM

Most fondled (somewhat on topic)

"K" wrote in message
"Cat(h)" writes
I read recently, in one of those most edifying wimmin's magazines one
finds in hairdressers and dentists' waiting rooms, that Alan
Titchmarshe's Madame Tussaud's wax figure was among the "most
fondled".

I read that too. But in my case it was in a book in Waterstones which had
a few pages on each of the '50 Britons who had done most to damage British
life' ;-)

I was a bit sceptical, but I have since discovered that Tussaud's
policy in recent years has been to remove the ropes from its display
and to encourage visitors to touch the figures.

I can confirm that, having gone there in Oct. I can also confirm that I am
almost exactly the same height as Jean-luc Picard, and way taller than
Charles I. Short-arsed git. And I got my hands on Kylie's bum and Blairs
throat, so a good day all round.

Steve

Rusty_Hinge[_2_] 12-12-2008 07:37 PM

Most fondled (somewhat on topic)

The message
from Martin contains these words:

The "fondle" marks are around Titchmarch's dummy's neck.

That's a relief...

--
Rusty
Separator in search of a sig

someone 14-12-2008 08:53 PM

Most fondled (somewhat on topic)

Being wax, fondled by hot hands, I imagine that some bits will have sagged
more than others. Har-har!

s.

Cat(h) 15-12-2008 01:42 PM

Most fondled (somewhat on topic)

On Dec 12, 3:24*pm, K wrote:
"Cat(h)" writes

I read recently, in one of those most edifying wimmin's magazines one
finds in hairdressers and dentists' waiting rooms, that Alan
Titchmarshe's Madame Tussaud's wax figure was among the "most
fondled".

I read that too. But in my case it was in a book in Waterstones which
had a few pages on each of the '50 Britons who had done most to damage
British life' ;-)

I was a bit sceptical, but I have since discovered that Tussaud's
policy in recent years has been to remove the ropes from its display
and to encourage visitors to touch the figures.
Furthermore, Wikipedia (see below under miscellanea) confirms Alan
Titchmarshe's Tussaud's figure's status...
How could I *not* share this with this here august company?

Wishing you all (a bit early) a happy and peaceful Christmas.

I rather wish you hadn't. It's a bit creepy.

You grimly curmudgeon you.

Caít()

K 15-12-2008 07:17 PM

Most fondled (somewhat on topic)

"Cat(h)" writes
On Dec 12, 3:24*pm, K wrote:
"Cat(h)" writes

[...]

I meant the sharing of the fondling, not the Christmas wishes
--
Kay

Derek[_4_] 15-12-2008 07:18 PM

Most fondled (somewhat on topic)

"Martin" wrote in message
On Fri, 12 Dec 2008 05:38:31 -0800 (PST), "Cat(h)"
wrote:

I read recently, in one of those most edifying wimmin's magazines one
finds in hairdressers and dentists' waiting rooms, that Alan
Titchmarshe's Madame Tussaud's wax figure was among the "most
fondled".
I was a bit sceptical, but I have since discovered that Tussaud's
policy in recent years has been to remove the ropes from its display
and to encourage visitors to touch the figures.
Furthermore, Wikipedia (see below under miscellanea) confirms Alan
Titchmarshe's Tussaud's figure's status...
How could I *not* share this with this here august company?

How about Charlie Dimmock's fondle rating? Eh?

To refresh people's minds.
http://mmwfc.co.uk/index.php?p=coachscorner

Wishing you all (a bit early) a happy and peaceful Christmas.

You too!

Cat(h)

--

Martin

Its odd in that image she looks so dainty yet I've seen her ( on TV)
strolling across a garden with a paving stone under each arm - proper
gardener!
http://www.fripples.net/celebs/charlie-dimmock.html
Derek
never realised they were called fripples tho'