GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   billit (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/180336-billit.html)

Billit 16-12-2008 03:04 PM

billit

this is a request for information as to how my niece who lives in australia can access the garden banter web she is a very keen gardener and i give her all the assistance i can but it would be a lot easier if she could talk to poeple in australia

K 16-12-2008 03:48 PM

billit

Billit writes

this is a request for information as to how my niece who lives in
australia can access the garden banter web she is a very keen gardener
and i give her all the assistance i can but it would be a lot easier if
she could talk to poeple in australia

You'd possibly get more responses to your posts if you put something in
the subject line to say what your question is about. At the moment all
your posts, on whatever topic, have 'billit' as the subject, which means
people who only read threads they're interested in won't read your
posts.

As to your niece, what is the problem she is having accessing
gardenbanter? - ie, why cannot she get on to it the same way as she gets
on to any other website?

--
Kay

Janet Conroy 16-12-2008 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Billit (Post 825319)
this is a request for information as to how my niece who lives in australia can access the garden banter web she is a very keen gardener and i give her all the assistance i can but it would be a lot easier if she could talk to poeple in australia

Has she tried Googling "Gardenbanter"? Or you could click on the email icon at the top right of your screen and send it to her. Hope this helps.

Sacha[_3_] 16-12-2008 11:48 PM

billit

On 16/12/08 16:52, in article ,
"Janet Conroy" wrote:

Billit;825319 Wrote:
this is a request for information as to how my niece who lives in
australia can access the garden banter web she is a very keen gardener
and i give her all the assistance i can but it would be a lot easier if
she could talk to poeple in australia

Has she tried Googling "Gardenbanter"? Or you could click on the email
icon at the top right of your screen and send it to her. Hope this
helps.

Why doesn't she join uk.rec.gardening? We have people from all over the
place, despite its name. She would have to be aware that most advice is uk
orientated but that applies to gardenbanter, too. Usually, there is someone
who either lives in the country questions are raised about, or who has lived
in it so they can help.

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.com

chris French 17-12-2008 02:13 AM

billit

In message , Sacha
writes
On 16/12/08 16:52, in article ,
"Janet Conroy" wrote:

Billit;825319 Wrote:
this is a request for information as to how my niece who lives in
australia can access the garden banter web she is a very keen gardener
and i give her all the assistance i can but it would be a lot easier if
she could talk to poeple in australia

Has she tried Googling "Gardenbanter"? Or you could click on the email
icon at the top right of your screen and send it to her. Hope this
helps.

Why doesn't she join uk.rec.gardening? We have people from all over the
place, despite its name.

Or even aus.gardens for a rather more locale specific group

She would have to be aware that most advice is uk
orientated but that applies to gardenbanter, too.

aus.gardens is available via GB as well.

--
Chris French

Sacha[_3_] 17-12-2008 10:24 AM

billit

On 17/12/08 02:13, in article ,
"chris French" wrote:

In message , Sacha
writes
On 16/12/08 16:52, in article
,
"Janet Conroy" wrote:

Billit;825319 Wrote:
this is a request for information as to how my niece who lives in
australia can access the garden banter web she is a very keen gardener
and i give her all the assistance i can but it would be a lot easier if
she could talk to poeple in australia

Has she tried Googling "Gardenbanter"? Or you could click on the email
icon at the top right of your screen and send it to her. Hope this
helps.

Why doesn't she join uk.rec.gardening? We have people from all over the
place, despite its name.

Or even aus.gardens for a rather more locale specific group

She would have to be aware that most advice is uk
orientated but that applies to gardenbanter, too.

aus.gardens is available via GB as well.

That certainly seems her best bet for valuable and local advice.

Billit 17-12-2008 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chris French (Post 825391)
In message , Sacha
writes
On 16/12/08 16:52, in article
,
"Janet Conroy"
wrote:

Billit;825319 Wrote:
this is a request for information as to how my niece who lives in
australia can access the garden banter web she is a very keen gardener
and i give her all the assistance i can but it would be a lot easier if
she could talk to poeple in australia

Has she tried Googling "Gardenbanter"? Or you could click on the email
icon at the top right of your screen and send it to her. Hope this
helps.

Why doesn't she join uk.rec.gardening? We have people from all over the
place, despite its name.

Or even aus.gardens for a rather more locale specific group

She would have to be aware that most advice is uk
orientated but that applies to gardenbanter, too.

aus.gardens is available via GB as well.

--
Chris French

Thank you Janet Conroy for the advice about getting help in Australia about Joining the garden banter web site she does live in a pretty remote area so to get onto the site will be a big help.