GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   A Xmas Kill File List (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/180408-xmas-kill-file-list.html)

Gordon H[_3_] 20-12-2008 04:03 PM

A Xmas Kill File List

Just gardenandgreen@hotmail

Five spam posts from them today. :-(
--
Gordon H
Remove "invalid" to reply

Bob Hobden 20-12-2008 04:39 PM

A Xmas Kill File List

"Gordon H" wrote

Just gardenandgreen@hotmail

Five spam posts from them today. :-(

I've got some nasty Spammer using my real address in their reply line.
How do I go about reporting that and will it do any good?

--
Regards
Bob Hobden

Derek Turner 20-12-2008 07:34 PM

A Xmas Kill File List

On Sat, 20 Dec 2008 16:39:01 +0000, Bob Hobden wrote:

I've got some nasty Spammer using my real address in their reply line.
How do I go about reporting that and will it do any good?

You don't and it's really not worth it. It's just your turn.

Sheila 20-12-2008 08:23 PM

A Xmas Kill File List

"Gordon H" wrote in message

Just gardenandgreen@hotmail

Five spam posts from them today. :-(
--
Gordon H
Remove "invalid" to reply

Just set up a message rule to delete them.... Just done it myself..

David in Normandy[_7_] 20-12-2008 10:18 PM

A Xmas Kill File List

Sheila wrote:
"Gordon H" wrote in message
Just gardenandgreen@hotmail

Five spam posts from them today. :-(
--
Gordon H
Remove "invalid" to reply

Just set up a message rule to delete them.... Just done it myself..

It's best for people not to expose their primary email address on
newsgroups anyway. I use a yahoo one and with one rule on it I never get
any spam. No password on subject line and the email gets deleted. Simple
but very effective.

--
David in Normandy.
by a filter and not reach my inbox.

Gordon H[_3_] 21-12-2008 03:25 PM

A Xmas Kill File List

In message , Derek Turner
writes
On Sat, 20 Dec 2008 16:39:01 +0000, Bob Hobden wrote:

I've got some nasty Spammer using my real address in their reply line.
How do I go about reporting that and will it do any good?

You don't and it's really not worth it. It's just your turn.

It might be worth checking that his firewall is actually doing its job,
as the long term measure.
There are sites for testing this, such as:

https://www.grc.com/x/ne.dll?bh0bkyd2

The results could be revealing. :-)
--
Gordon H
Remove "invalid" to reply

Gordon H[_3_] 21-12-2008 03:26 PM

A Xmas Kill File List

In message , Sheila
writes

"Gordon H" wrote in message

Just gardenandgreen@hotmail

Five spam posts from them today. :-(
--
Gordon H
Remove "invalid" to reply

Just set up a message rule to delete them.... Just done it myself..

Yes, so have I, but I don't expect they will be repeated until next
year.
:-)
--
Gordon H
Remove "invalid" to reply

Gordon H[_3_] 21-12-2008 03:27 PM

A Xmas Kill File List

In message , David in Normandy
writes
Sheila wrote:
"Gordon H" wrote in message
Just gardenandgreen@hotmail

Five spam posts from them today. :-(
--

Just set up a message rule to delete them.... Just done it myself..

It's best for people not to expose their primary email address on
newsgroups anyway. I use a yahoo one and with one rule on it I never
get any spam. No password on subject line and the email gets deleted.
Simple but very effective.

I was referring to newsgroup posts, not emails, I deal with private spam
in other ways.
--
Gordon H
Remove "invalid" to reply

Bob Hobden 21-12-2008 05:14 PM

A Xmas Kill File List

"Gordon H" wrote
after Derek Turner wrote
after Bob Hobden moaned
I've got some nasty Spammer using my real address in their reply line.
How do I go about reporting that and will it do any good?

You don't and it's really not worth it. It's just your turn.

It might be worth checking that his firewall is actually doing its job, as
the long term measure.
There are sites for testing this, such as:

https://www.grc.com/x/ne.dll?bh0bkyd2

The results could be revealing. :-)

Not really, as expected I'm running in full stealth mode.
Excellent site though and nice to know my firewall is doing it's job so
well.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden

Gordon H[_3_] 21-12-2008 10:30 PM

A Xmas Kill File List

In message , Bob Hobden
writes

"Gordon H" wrote
after Derek Turner wrote
after Bob Hobden moaned
I've got some nasty Spammer using my real address in their reply line.
How do I go about reporting that and will it do any good?

You don't and it's really not worth it. It's just your turn.

It might be worth checking that his firewall is actually doing its job, as
the long term measure.
There are sites for testing this, such as:

https://www.grc.com/x/ne.dll?bh0bkyd2

The results could be revealing. :-)

Not really, as expected I'm running in full stealth mode.
Excellent site though and nice to know my firewall is doing it's job so
well.

Indeed it is!
--
Gordon H