GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Totally, totally OT but wow! (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/180769-totally-totally-ot-but-wow.html)

Sacha[_3_] 12-01-2009 04:57 PM

Totally, totally OT but wow!

While gardening is a bit curtailed, I think/hope this would entertain others
as much as it did me. It does take a while to load but it's more than worth
it, so go and read some emails while it loads up.
http://www.adobecards.com/

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.com

[email protected] 13-01-2009 03:57 PM

Totally, totally OT but wow!

On 12 Jan, 16:57, Sacha wrote:
While gardening is a bit curtailed, I think/hope this would entertain others
as much as it did me. *It does take a while to load but it's more than worth
it, so go and read some emails while it loads up.http://www.adobecards.com/

Isn't it. I've already got indesign cs2, and the lot of photoshop,
acrobat, illustrator etc. but they propose cs4 which is totally
amazing. I'd love the trial, but we have no reason to have it (and I
don't have the money). Shame, shame. I'd spend all day on it.
Actually, I've been on it all day, on some days, but if I had this
one, I'll be on it all winter :o)

[email protected] 13-01-2009 04:52 PM

Totally, totally OT but wow!

On 13 Jan, 16:28, Mike wrote:
Sacha wrote:
http://www.adobecards.com/

WOW, no wonder the pro version costs £900

£900?! The full package is over £2K, that is for cs4. Cs2, which I
have is around £1.5K

Alan 13-01-2009 08:43 PM

Totally, totally OT but wow!

In message , Mike
wrote
Sacha wrote:

http://www.adobecards.com/

WOW, no wonder the pro version costs £900

And the above links shows why it would be unwise to use the package on a
commercial web site. The download of the page was so slow. Most
potential customers will have given up within 10 seconds.
--
Alan
news2006 {at} amac {dot} f2s {dot} com

Stephen Wolstenholme 13-01-2009 10:50 PM

Totally, totally OT but wow!

On Tue, 13 Jan 2009 20:43:31 +0000, Alan
wrote:

In message , Mike
wrote
Sacha wrote:

http://www.adobecards.com/

WOW, no wonder the pro version costs £900

And the above links shows why it would be unwise to use the package on a
commercial web site. The download of the page was so slow. Most
potential customers will have given up within 10 seconds.

I gave up!

Steve

Sacha[_3_] 13-01-2009 11:01 PM

Totally, totally OT but wow!

On 13/1/09 22:50, in article ,
"Stephen Wolstenholme" wrote:

On Tue, 13 Jan 2009 20:43:31 +0000, Alan
wrote:

In message , Mike
wrote
Sacha wrote:

http://www.adobecards.com/

WOW, no wonder the pro version costs £900

And the above links shows why it would be unwise to use the package on a
commercial web site. The download of the page was so slow. Most
potential customers will have given up within 10 seconds.

I gave up!

Steve

Pity. It's brilliant. Just go off and do something else for a minute or so
and then look at it. One minute out of a lifetime...........sigh! ;-)

Dave Liquorice[_2_] 14-01-2009 12:13 AM

Totally, totally OT but wow!

On Tue, 13 Jan 2009 23:01:57 +0000, Sacha wrote:

And the above links shows why it would be unwise to use the package on
a commercial web site. The download of the page was so slow. Most
potential customers will have given up within 10 seconds.

It took 10 seconds to start the countdown loading bit. It's been
downloading for 3 mins now and it's at 36%...

Pity. It's brilliant. Just go off and do something else for a minute
or so and then look at it.

I'll sit it out, I suspect it's coming from a slow (or overloaded) server
as the winking lights on my switch are not going anything like the speed a
decent download rate comes in at. My BRAS is currently 4.5Mbps.

6 mins 48%...

8 mins 87%...

'Tis nice, and impressive in that it's smooth, even the bits building the
castle on this low powered (by modern standards) PC. Normally things with
that level of detail and movement stutter or jerk their way through.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Sacha[_3_] 14-01-2009 09:55 AM

Totally, totally OT but wow!

On 14/1/09 00:13, in article
, "Dave Liquorice"
wrote:

[...]

Well, at least now you've seen all the graphics you can imagine why it took
so long. ;-) Very, very clever, I think.

Spider 17-01-2009 06:31 PM

Totally, totally OT but wow!

"Sacha" wrote in message
On 14/1/09 00:13, in article
, "Dave Liquorice"
wrote:

[...]

I've seen it ... it's so brilliant! Computer graphics don't usually impress
me, but this really is excellent .. and very pleasant to watch. Thanks
Sacha.

Spider

[email protected] 17-01-2009 07:06 PM

Totally, totally OT but wow!

On 13 Jan, 17:07, Mike wrote:
£800 off he-
"http://www.cs4-store.co.uk/?tag=UKCS4-2692416383-2-creative%20suite%2...."
I take it you are a designer :-)

Yep, and to acheive the graphics Sacha pointed us at, you need
Brilliant, which is in the region of £2K if you want the whole
package. You start at £900 - with a simple package, photoshop and
indesign, you can even get cheaper, £500 will get you both, but to
make 3d, web, flash media, flex and the rest you're thinking in the
region of £2k at least. Also when you buy the full package, you need
to get a license, just like with CAD - so that you keep being upgraded
every other month or so, which is great. You just can't get it 'off
the peg' and certainly not for £900. It's an offence, it's piracy.

https://store2.adobe.com/cfusion/sto...K&PID=2504702#

Alan 17-01-2009 07:51 PM

Totally, totally OT but wow!

In message
,
wrote
On 13 Jan, 17:07, Mike wrote:
£800 off he-
"http://www.cs4-store.co.uk/?tag=UKCS4-2692416383-2-creative%20suite%2..."
I take it you are a designer :-)

Yep, and to acheive the graphics Sacha pointed us at, you need
Brilliant, which is in the region of £2K if you want the whole
package.

Actually you need someone with the imagination and ability to create a
routine such as the one in the link Even with £2K of software it still
will be cr*p in equals cr*p out.

[email protected] 17-01-2009 08:07 PM

Totally, totally OT but wow!

On 17 Jan, 19:51, Alan wrote:
Actually you need someone with the imagination and ability to create a
routine such as the one in the link *Even with £2K of software it still
will be cr*p in equals cr*p out.

True :o) I remember the first time I saw 'blue wave' - the first forum
as it were. I was totally amazed seeing a moving logo at the top right
hand corner too, perhaps 17 years ago. When I was asked to write
something and I think I wrote something in French, and got a reply
within second from a stranger, it was like magic.

Sacha[_3_] 17-01-2009 11:57 PM

Totally, totally OT but wow!

On 17/1/09 18:31, in article , "Spider"
wrote:

"Sacha" wrote in message
On 14/1/09 00:13, in article
, "Dave Liquorice"
wrote:

[...]

Extremely clever, I think, and to me, at least, a revelation.