GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Metcheck (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/180888-metcheck.html)

Mel[_11_] 23-01-2009 01:14 AM

Metcheck

Reading this makes me want to pack up and head south:
http://www.metcheck.com/V40/UK/FREE/singularities.asp

Depressing, huh?

[email protected] 23-01-2009 09:01 AM

Metcheck

In article ,
Mel wrote:
Reading this makes me want to pack up and head south:
http://www.metcheck.com/V40/UK/FREE/singularities.asp

Depressing, huh?

It really is :-( Yet more evidence that more of the population
believe in astrology than in statistics.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

Dave Poole 23-01-2009 11:32 AM

Metcheck

]Nick wrote:
]
Depressing, huh?

It really is :-( *Yet more evidence that more of the population
believe in astrology than in statistics.

I've rarely seen forecasts from metcheck that were anything other than
guesswork. I x-referenced them with reality over a 3 month period a
few years ago and they were hopelessly wrong. Occasionally I look in
to see what kind of weather we're unlikely to have and unsurprisingly,
we don't get it.