GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   MDF in the garden? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/180895-mdf-garden.html)

mogga 23-01-2009 10:58 AM

MDF in the garden?

I've got a ready supply of MDF and although I know it'll rot
eventually - does it breakdown into anything nasty?
--
http://www.freedeliveryuk.co.uk
http://www.holidayunder100.co.uk

A.Lee 23-01-2009 04:21 PM

MDF in the garden?

mogga wrote:

I've got a ready supply of MDF and although I know it'll rot
eventually - does it breakdown into anything nasty?

It wont rot 'eventually', it will turn to mush when it has been soaked
once.
Exterior plywood is the only cheap sheet wood suitable for outside use.
Alan.