GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Another New Allotment (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/180902-another-new-allotment.html)

Mel[_11_] 23-01-2009 10:05 PM

Another New Allotment

Photos here of my new allotment. I suspect this is the state that most
people's allotments are in when they first get one.
http://picasaweb.google.com/Goodness...yNewAllotment#

Mel[_11_] 23-01-2009 10:07 PM

Another New Allotment

Oh, and can anyone identify the footprints in the last photo? I suspect
it's a rabbit?
http://picasaweb.google.com/Goodness...yNewAllotment#

shazzbat 23-01-2009 10:22 PM

Another New Allotment

"Mel" wrote in message
Oh, and can anyone identify the footprints in the last photo? I suspect
it's a rabbit?
http://picasaweb.google.com/Goodness...yNewAllotment#

It's a yeti.

And welcome to the group.

Steve

Mel[_11_] 23-01-2009 10:26 PM

Another New Allotment

"shazzbat" wrote in
Oh, and can anyone identify the footprints in the last photo? I suspect
it's a rabbit?

It's a yeti.
And welcome to the group.

It could be an alien - apparently the area is one of the hot-spots for UFO
sightings. Lived here for 10 years but never seen anything.

I know there's a hedgehog (or a rat !!) in the compost bin.

Bob Hobden 23-01-2009 10:42 PM

Another New Allotment

"Mel" wrote ...
Photos here of my new allotment. I suspect this is the state that most
people's allotments are in when they first get one.
http://picasaweb.google.com/Goodness...yNewAllotment#

What, no brambles. But then it looks like you have quite some rubbish to
tidy up so I don't feel so bad. :-)

Those prints may well be Rabbit and if so you will need to invest in some
proper Rabbit Fencing wire netting (small mesh) and posts and ensure you
have a secure gate to your plot.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden

Derek Turner 24-01-2009 07:27 PM

Another New Allotment

On Fri, 23 Jan 2009 22:05:52 +0000, Mel wrote:

Photos here of my new allotment. I suspect this is the state that most
people's allotments are in when they first get one.
http://picasaweb.google.com/Goodness...yNewAllotment#

mode: Life of Brian
You lucky, lucky, lucky *******!
/mode

No brambles, no horsetail, no ground-elder, some usable compost bins and
'raised beds' and do I see some soft-fruit bushes? black-currants? Apply
for a shot-gun license and regard the rabbits as a crop! Most of us would
kill for that!

mogga 25-01-2009 01:54 PM

Another New Allotment

wrote:

Photos here of my new allotment. I suspect this is the state that most
people's allotments are in when they first get one.
http://picasaweb.google.com/Goodness...yNewAllotment#

Exciting!
We've only got one really over-run bed and the rest isn't too bad.
Apart from the bit where he was making a pond.

Oh and found two frogs yesterday. And a spider the size of a horse.
--
http://www.freedeliveryuk.co.uk
http://www.holidayunder100.co.uk