GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   First day in the garden (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/180921-first-day-garden.html)

Alan Johnson 25-01-2009 08:10 AM

First day in the garden

Well, it wasn't really a day. The Big Freeze appears to be over, we've
had a few days above zero and only 1 or 2 degrees below at night. The
ground has started to thaw, although it's still rock hard on the north
side of the house. Yesterday the thermometer showed 5°C and the sun was
shining, so I went in the garden for about an hour and a half. Just
tidying up in 'preparation' for spring. Today promises to be the same,
so I'll be out again. There is a lot of work to do, so much we would
like to do this year. My overwintered leeks and onion setts don't look
too good, but the tiny spring onions are still green and visible at least.

Regards

--
Alan Johnson, Geotr@ns
www.geotrans-online.de