GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Clematis search (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/181383-clematis-search.html)

Charlie Pridham[_2_] 23-02-2009 08:50 AM

Clematis search

Just back from a weekend away when I stayed for one night with the lady
who has the national collection of clematis montana, there is one she has
been unable to find, can anyone one help?
Clematis montana 'Hidcote Purple' was originally grown at the garden
(where it has died) and was propagated and sold by Jim Fisk for many
years, it was last mentioned in the plant finder in 2001 being sold by
Taylors and Caddicks but neither nursery still have it, did anyone buy a
plant back then and may still have it?
--
Charlie Pridham, Gardening in Cornwall
www.roselandhouse.co.uk

Charlie Pridham[_2_] 25-02-2009 11:35 AM

Clematis search

In article ,
says...
Just back from a weekend away when I stayed for one night with the lady
who has the national collection of clematis montana, there is one she has
been unable to find, can anyone one help?
Clematis montana 'Hidcote Purple' was originally grown at the garden
(where it has died) and was propagated and sold by Jim Fisk for many
years, it was last mentioned in the plant finder in 2001 being sold by
Taylors and Caddicks but neither nursery still have it, did anyone buy a
plant back then and may still have it?

I am guessing the answer is no!

Sacha[_3_] 25-02-2009 12:09 PM

Clematis search

On 25/2/09 11:35, in article ,
"Charlie Pridham" wrote:

In article ,
says...
Just back from a weekend away when I stayed for one night with the lady
who has the national collection of clematis montana, there is one she has
been unable to find, can anyone one help?
Clematis montana 'Hidcote Purple' was originally grown at the garden
(where it has died) and was propagated and sold by Jim Fisk for many
years, it was last mentioned in the plant finder in 2001 being sold by
Taylors and Caddicks but neither nursery still have it, did anyone buy a
plant back then and may still have it?

I am guessing the answer is no!

Any point in you contacting Ray Evison or perhaps you've already tried that?
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.com

Charlie Pridham[_2_] 25-02-2009 10:16 PM

Clematis search

In article ,
says...
On 25/2/09 11:35, in article
,
"Charlie Pridham" wrote:

In article ,
says...
Just back from a weekend away when I stayed for one night with the lady
who has the national collection of clematis montana, there is one she has
been unable to find, can anyone one help?
Clematis montana 'Hidcote Purple' was originally grown at the garden
(where it has died) and was propagated and sold by Jim Fisk for many
years, it was last mentioned in the plant finder in 2001 being sold by
Taylors and Caddicks but neither nursery still have it, did anyone buy a
plant back then and may still have it?

I am guessing the answer is no!

Any point in you contacting Ray Evison or perhaps you've already tried that?

I haven't but I know the lady looking has gone down that route, just
seems odd that a plant available as recently as 2001 should have
dissapeared without trace, I just thought someone on here may have bought
one and not realise its significance which is why I said I would ask for
her