GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Landmaster 100 rotavator (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/181410-landmaster-100-rotavator.html)

Mungo \Two Sheds\ Toadfoot[_4_] 24-02-2009 05:08 PM

Landmaster 100 rotavator

Hi all,

Does anyone have one, or access to one? I need a photo of the
throttle/governor arrangement.

It's a white B&S, horizontal crank, ohv engine with '80' stamped on the head
cover.

Si

John Fulcher 11-04-2009 04:14 PM

Landmaster 100 rotavator

Did you get your photo?
I have an older B&S landmaster100

url:http://myreader.co.uk/msg/134449115.aspx

Rob G 13-04-2009 11:15 PM

Landmaster 100 rotavator

On 11 Apr, 16:14, "John wrote:
Did you get your photo?
I have an older B&S landmaster100

url:http://myreader.co.uk/msg/134449115.aspx

John
A bit 'anorak' to register an interest with a fellow user of an
ancient piece of gardening equipment. I inherited mine a few years
back and am impressed by how well it works despite abuse ! Needs its
oil levels maintained but starts immediately regardless of everything.

I was amused when I got it to find that the drive shaft in the top
tube had obviously got lost, or broken, somewhere in the machine's
life and the enterprising owner had found that the extension bar from
a 1/2" socket set did the job.

Anyway, mine died instantaneously two days ago with 5 minutes work to
do. The engine just spun over on the starter cord with no
compression. Off with the head, some bolts missing washers so it's
been done before, to find chunks of carbon under the inlet valve. I
need to get some gasket goo, but a bit of a scrape out seems to be all
it needs.

I see there's a similar B & S engine on Ebay at the moment - too far
south for me in Edinburgh.

Cheers
Rob