GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Garlic troubles (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/181443-garlic-troubles.html)

Donna UK 26-02-2009 11:37 AM

Garlic troubles

Hi All

I have started my garlic off in pots in the lean to and have come to check
them and they have a bad infestation of fungus gnats. I pulled one up to
check and the actual blub has been eatten and looks a little shrived now...
Do I just give up and bin them or see what happens... any advice would be
gratefully received

Thanks you
Donna

Bob Hobden 26-02-2009 11:40 AM

Garlic troubles

"Donna UK" wrote
I have started my garlic off in pots in the lean to.....

Why? Tough as they come, Garlic, will stand any winter, plant in Sept/Oct.

and have come to check them and they have a bad infestation of fungus
gnats. I pulled one up to check and the actual blub has been eatten and
looks a little shrived now... Do I just give up and bin them or see what
happens... any advice would be gratefully received

Plant them out now.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden

Donna UK 26-02-2009 12:33 PM

Garlic troubles

Thank you Bob, they are now planted in my raised bed...