GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   First post! Shopping (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/181674-first-post-shopping.html)

clare43 10-03-2009 10:37 AM

First post! Shopping

Hello everyone! This is my first post, I hope it isn’t too boring…

First I should tell you about my gardening style. I believe that everyone can have a garden, even those without one! I am a city girl, living in London with the tiniest space on my balcony to grow herbs. I want to start growing veg and berries soon too.

OK a useful site I came across yesterday at an interior design type site called mydeco.com which you might not have heard of either.

You can search for garden furniture and products by style, for example retro or classic. I came across lots of items that I wouldn’t have otherwise even thought of – very handy!

Here are the links to the different styles:
http://mydeco.com/shopping/style/rom...arden-outdoor/
http://mydeco.com/shopping/style/cla...arden-outdoor/
http://mydeco.com/shopping/style/mod...arden-outdoor/
http://mydeco.com/shopping/style/ret...arden-outdoor/

Hope you like it! (Your credit card might not though!)
Clare xx

Gordon H[_3_] 10-03-2009 04:29 PM

First post! Shopping

In message , clare43
writes

Hello everyone! This is my first attempt at a spamming post, I hope it

isn’t too boring…

****************************
Complaint sent to
--
Gordon H
Remove "invalid" to reply

moghouse 10-03-2009 04:49 PM

First post! Shopping

On Mar 10, 10:37*am, clare43
wrote:
Hello everyone! This is my first post, I hope it isn’t too boring…

Stop right there. It is.

Sacha[_3_] 10-03-2009 05:30 PM

First post! Shopping

On 10/3/09 17:01, in article ,
"Martin" wrote:
snip

A spammer wrote:
Hello everyone! This is my first post, I hope it isnąt too boringŠ

Stop right there. It is.

Seems that filtering out gardenbanter almost works.

Unfortunately, the person doing it has now had 3 bits of free publicity in
here.

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.com

Muddymike 10-03-2009 06:18 PM

First post! Shopping

"Anne Welsh Jackson" wrote in message
Sacha wrote:
"Martin" wrote:
A spammer wrote:
Hello everyone! This is my first post, I hope it isnąt too boringS

Stop right there. It is.

Seems that filtering out gardenbanter almost works.

Unfortunately, the person doing it has now had 3 bits of free publicity
in here.

How come? Considering that everyone snipped the spam.

Not much in the way of "publicity" then...

I dunno, I rather liked the cushions. "Special offer Ł20" "were previously
Ł20" He he.

Mike

Rusty_Hinge[_2_] 10-03-2009 06:43 PM

First post! Shopping

The message
from Sacha contains these words:
On 10/3/09 17:01, in article ,
"Martin" wrote:
snip
A spammer wrote:
Hello everyone! This is my first post, I hope it isnąt too boringŠ

Stop right there. It is.

Seems that filtering out gardenbanter almost works.

Unfortunately, the person doing it has now had 3 bits of free publicity in
here.

but without the advertising repeated.

--
Rusty

Gordon H[_3_] 10-03-2009 07:02 PM

First post! Shopping

In message , Anne Welsh Jackson
writes
Sacha wrote:
"Martin" wrote:
A spammer wrote:
Hello everyone! This is my first post, I hope it isnÂąt too boringĹ*

Stop right there. It is.

Seems that filtering out gardenbanter almost works.

Unfortunately, the person doing it has now had 3 bits of free publicity
in here.

How come? Considering that everyone snipped the spam.

Not much in the way of "publicity" then...

8-)
Martin was correct though. Other than forwarding it to abuse@ we
should have ignored it.
--
Gordon H
Remove "invalid" to reply

Sacha[_3_] 10-03-2009 11:16 PM

First post! Shopping

On 10/3/09 18:43, in article
, "Rusty_Hinge"
wrote:

The message
from Sacha contains these words:
On 10/3/09 17:01, in article
,
"Martin" wrote:
snip
A spammer wrote:
Hello everyone! This is my first post, I hope it isnąt too boringŠ

Stop right there. It is.

Seems that filtering out gardenbanter almost works.

Unfortunately, the person doing it has now had 3 bits of free publicity in
here.

but without the advertising repeated.

But with the pointers to them and their address left in. Better ignored
altogether, perhaps.