GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Popping in and out (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/181704-popping-out.html)

Judith in France 11-03-2009 05:36 PM

Popping in and out

Off on hols tomorrow to Mauritius, anyone want any seeds brought
back? email me.

Judith

Rusty_Hinge[_2_] 11-03-2009 05:55 PM

Popping in and out

The message

from Judith in France contains these words:

Off on hols tomorrow to Mauritius, anyone want any seeds brought
back? email me.

Coconuts, anyone?

--
Rusty

Judith in France 11-03-2009 09:22 PM

Popping in and out

On Mar 11, 5:55*pm, Rusty_Hinge
wrote:
The message

from Judith in France contains these words:

Off on hols tomorrow to Mauritius, anyone want any seeds brought
back? *email me.

Coconuts, anyone?

--
Rusty

I've had a few emails for stuff, you wanna cococnuts Rusty, you shall
have coconuts. Seriously what can I bring you? I'm here until midday
tomorrow.

Judith

Pete C[_2_] 11-03-2009 10:06 PM

Popping in and out

Judith in France wrote:
Off on hols tomorrow to Mauritius, anyone want any seeds brought
back? email me.

Judith

Seeds of Mauritios pleas.....then I can grow my own holiday :)
Have fun.
--
Pete C
London UK

Judith in France 11-03-2009 10:13 PM

Popping in and out

On Mar 11, 10:06*pm, "Pete C" wrote:
Judith in France wrote:
Off on hols tomorrow to Mauritius, anyone want any seeds brought
back? *email me.

Judith

Seeds of Mauritios pleas.....then I can grow my own holiday :)
Have fun.
--
Pete C
London UK

Seriously Pete, you and I have exchanged bulbs, I will bring back some
seeds for you, maybe they would only be annuals in our climate but fun
to grow?

Judith

Rusty_Hinge[_2_] 12-03-2009 10:57 AM

Popping in and out

wrote:
The message

from Judith in France contains these words:

Off on hols tomorrow to Mauritius, anyone want any seeds brought
back? *email me.

Coconuts, anyone?

I've had a few emails for stuff, you wanna cococnuts Rusty, you shall
have coconuts. Seriously what can I bring you? I'm here until midday
tomorrow.

Can't think of anything I'd want from there - except a lemur...

--
Rusty

Bob Hobden 12-03-2009 03:44 PM

Popping in and out

"Martin" wrote

Roast stuffed raphus cucullatus with sweet potatoes.

Well my sis-in-law had curried Pteropus there and loved it (until she
understood what she was eating!)

--
Regards
Bob Hobden

Rusty_Hinge[_2_] 12-03-2009 05:58 PM

Popping in and out

The message
from Martin contains these words:
On Thu, 12 Mar 2009 15:44:18 -0000, "Bob Hobden" wrote:
"Martin" wrote

Roast stuffed raphus cucullatus with sweet potatoes.

Well my sis-in-law had curried Pteropus there and loved it (until she
understood what she was eating!)

Bleaaahh!

No different from noshing octopus, squid, whelks, cockles, abalone,
mussels, etc.

--
Rusty

Stewart Robert Hinsley 12-03-2009 07:57 PM

Popping in and out

In message ,
Rusty_Hinge writes
The message
from Martin contains these words:
On Thu, 12 Mar 2009 15:44:18 -0000, "Bob Hobden" wrote:
"Martin" wrote

Roast stuffed raphus cucullatus with sweet potatoes.

Well my sis-in-law had curried Pteropus there and loved it (until she
understood what she was eating!)

Bleaaahh!

No different from noshing octopus, squid, whelks, cockles, abalone,
mussels, etc.

I think that rabbits, hares, squirrels, hedgehogs, etc, would be a
better comparison; Pteropodes are fruit bats/flying foxes
--
Stewart Robert Hinsley

Rusty_Hinge[_2_] 13-03-2009 12:57 AM

Popping in and out

The message
from Stewart Robert Hinsley contains these words:
wrote:
"Martin" wrote

Roast stuffed raphus cucullatus with sweet potatoes.

Well my sis-in-law had curried Pteropus there and loved it (until she
understood what she was eating!)

Bleaaahh!

No different from noshing octopus, squid, whelks, cockles, abalone,
mussels, etc.

I think that rabbits, hares, squirrels, hedgehogs, etc, would be a
better comparison; Pteropodes are fruit bats/flying foxes

Pteropods - (Pteropoda) - are molluscs...

--
Rusty

Stewart Robert Hinsley 13-03-2009 09:24 AM

Popping in and out

wrote:
"Martin" wrote

Roast stuffed raphus cucullatus with sweet potatoes.

Well my sis-in-law had curried Pteropus there and loved it (until she
understood what she was eating!)

Bleaaahh!

No different from noshing octopus, squid, whelks, cockles, abalone,
mussels, etc.

I think that rabbits, hares, squirrels, hedgehogs, etc, would be a
better comparison; Pteropodes are fruit bats/flying foxes

Pteropods - (Pteropoda) - are molluscs...

But he wrote Pteropus, which is the generic name for flying foxes, which
are a known delicacy in some tropical areas. I guess we need the earlier
poster to clarify whether he meant what he wrote. (But the context was
roast dodo.)
--
Stewart Robert Hinsley

Jeff Layman[_2_] 13-03-2009 11:56 AM

Popping in and out

Rusty_Hinge wrote:
The message

from Judith in France contains these words:
On Mar 11, 5:55 pm, Rusty_Hinge
wrote:
The message

from Judith in France contains these
words:

Off on hols tomorrow to Mauritius, anyone want any seeds brought
back? email me.

Coconuts, anyone?

I've had a few emails for stuff, you wanna cococnuts Rusty, you shall
have coconuts. Seriously what can I bring you? I'm here until midday
tomorrow.

Can't think of anything I'd want from there - except a lemur...

Er, no - Madagascar for lemurs.

--
Jeff

Rusty_Hinge[_2_] 13-03-2009 05:44 PM

Popping in and out

wrote:
"Martin" wrote

Roast stuffed raphus cucullatus with sweet potatoes.

Well my sis-in-law had curried Pteropus there and loved it (until she
understood what she was eating!)

Bleaaahh!

No different from noshing octopus, squid, whelks, cockles, abalone,
mussels, etc.

I think that rabbits, hares, squirrels, hedgehogs, etc, would be a
better comparison; Pteropodes are fruit bats/flying foxes

Pteropods - (Pteropoda) - are molluscs...

But he wrote Pteropus, which is the generic name for flying foxes, which
are a known delicacy in some tropical areas. I guess we need the earlier
poster to clarify whether he meant what he wrote. (But the context was
roast dodo.)

Just as well - we can't think of roasting anything living, can we?

--
Rusty

Rusty_Hinge[_2_] 13-03-2009 05:45 PM

Popping in and out

The message
from "Jeff Layman" contains these words:

wrote:
The message

from Judith in France contains these
words:

Off on hols tomorrow to Mauritius, anyone want any seeds brought
back? email me.

Coconuts, anyone?

I've had a few emails for stuff, you wanna cococnuts Rusty, you shall
have coconuts. Seriously what can I bring you? I'm here until midday
tomorrow.

Can't think of anything I'd want from there - except a lemur...

Er, no - Madagascar for lemurs.

Well, a slight detour?

--
Rusty