GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Cathedral Bells (cobaea) (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/181969-cathedral-bells-cobaea.html)

dina 22-03-2009 10:23 PM

Cathedral Bells (cobaea)

Hi,
I am new here and dont know much about gardening. I bought this beautifull
plant which is perennial but I read that it is often grown as anual.
I wonder what does it mean and why? Some advise, please!

dina

Sacha[_3_] 23-03-2009 09:20 AM

Cathedral Bells (cobaea)

On 22/3/09 22:23, in article , "dina"
wrote:

Hi,
I am new here and dont know much about gardening. I bought this
beautifull
plant which is perennial but I read that it is often grown as anual.
I wonder what does it mean and why? Some advise, please!

dina

It depends on where you live. If you have very mild winters, it can probably
be grown as a perennial, as happens in the (usually) milder south west.
Otherwise, it won't take the winters in harsher parts of the country and is
grown as an annual.
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.com