Old 30-03-2009, 07:23 PM
Registered User

Smile Need help creating the perfect lawn ...

Now that spring is just about upon us I need some help in creating the perfect lawn to work on and enjoy over the coming summer months . I moved into the house at Christmas . Lawn is currently a bit ratty with some moss in areas . Need help with the various stages of development required to create the desired effect . I stay nr Glasgow in the west of Scotland so irrigation isnt a problem !!

Your kind assistance is much appreciated - thanks - Barry
Old 28-04-2009, 07:39 PM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by por911t View Post
Now that spring is just about upon us I need some help in creating the perfect lawn to work on and enjoy over the coming summer months . I moved into the house at Christmas . Lawn is currently a bit ratty with some moss in areas . Need help with the various stages of development required to create the desired effect . I stay nr Glasgow in the west of Scotland so irrigation isnt a problem !!

Your kind assistance is much appreciated - thanks - Barry
Barry, take a look at Love the garden.com site. It's great for assistance and setting up a calendar of activities that you need to do to your lawn i.e. it takes you through spring, summer and autumn. It is very clearly a front for Evergreen and Scotts products so exercise caution there. That said, I am a complete novice and have have gone out and got Evergreen Complete and a Scotts rotary spreader which should save money in the long run compared to getting the pro's in. I've just given my lawn a good cut and three days later, before this heavy rain, treated it with a spreading of Evergreen Complete so I await the results which should be in about a week. My next step is to source a more professional bulk alternative (see my thread).

The golden rules as far as I know (although only a novice) are;
(1) mow regularly (weekly/10 days) but not too short.
(2) From time to time spike your lawn with a fork or hollow tine it for aeration
(3) periodic scarifying to remove moss and thatch is good if necessary

Hope this helps. Good luck.

Sled

Need help creating the perfect lawn ... por911t Lawns 4 06-04-2009 07:40 PM
Creating a New Lawn Newgardner Lawns 4 02-06-2004 09:04 AM
Advice on creating a camomile lawn Michael Green Gardening 5 31-12-2003 01:20 PM
Creating aquarium software....need pictures Picasso Freshwater Aquaria Plants 1 13-11-2003 08:32 AM
Creating aquarium software....need pictures, videos, article Picasso Ponds 0 05-11-2003 02:32 PM