Old 02-04-2009, 11:40 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default For those growing their own pesto

On 2/4/09 22:40, in article ,
"Martin" wrote:

On Thu, 02 Apr 2009 22:36:12 +0100, Sacha wrote:

On 2/4/09 15:34, in article
, "Judith
in France" wrote:

On Apr 2, 9:29*am, Sacha wrote:
Here's the way to grow the pasta to go with it. *Apologies - meant to post
this yesterday.
*;-))
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SyUvN...eature=related
--
Sachahttp://www.hillhousenursery.com
South Devon

I laughed so much I hurt, Edward said he had seen it before but if I
have, I have forgotten.

Judith

It's a classic of its time and it's gone down in the annals of broadcasting
history. I'm not sure that TV programmes 'did' public leg pulling before
that!

How do you think Muffin the Mule got around?

Er, Lamb Chop?

Old 02-04-2009, 11:43 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Apr 2, 4:23*pm, "graham" wrote:
"Judith in France" wrote in ...
On Apr 2, 9:29 am, Sacha wrote:

Here's the way to grow the pasta to go with it. Apologies - meant to post
this yesterday.
;-))http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SyUvN...eature=related
--
Sachahttp://www.hillhousenursery.com
South Devon

I laughed so much I hurt, Edward said he had seen it before but if I
have, I have forgotten.

Judith

I remember seeing the original *broadcast on "Panorama". *It fooled some of
my Father's workmen, but then, they had had very little education having
left the village school at 14, *and even Heinz tinned spaghetti was probably
"that foreign muck", to be eaten on toast.
Graham

When was that Graham?

Judith
Old 02-04-2009, 11:45 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

in France" wrote:

On Apr 2, 9:29*am, Sacha wrote:
Here's the way to grow the pasta to go with it. *Apologies - meant to post
this yesterday.
*;-))http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SyUvN...eature=related
--
Sachahttp://www.hillhousenursery.com
South Devon

I laughed so much I hurt, Edward said he had seen it before but if I
have, I have forgotten.

Judith

It's a classic of its time and it's gone down in the annals of broadcasting
history. *I'm not sure that TV programmes 'did' public leg pulling before
that!

How do you think Muffin the Mule got around?
--

Martin

I remember my children watching that, they were in nappies!!!!
Annette someone or other????????????
Old 02-04-2009, 11:48 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

The message
from Martin contains these words:
On Thu, 02 Apr 2009 22:36:12 +0100, Sacha wrote:
On 2/4/09 15:34, in article
, "Judith
in France" wrote:
On Apr 2, 9:29*am, Sacha wrote:

/Gallimaufry of sigs and separators snipped/

Here's the way to grow the pasta to go with it. *Apologies - meant
to post
this yesterday.

*;-))http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SyUvN...eature=related

I laughed so much I hurt, Edward said he had seen it before but if I
have, I have forgotten.

It's a classic of its time and it's gone down in the annals of broadcasting
history. I'm not sure that TV programmes 'did' public leg pulling before
that!

How do you think Muffin the Mule got around?

Stringfellows?

--
Rusty

Old 03-04-2009, 12:11 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

The message

from Judith in France contains these words:

Annette someone or other????????????

Mills.

--
Rusty
Old 03-04-2009, 07:38 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Aries wrote:
On Thu, 2 Apr 2009 19:43:01 GMT, Rusty_Hinge wrote:

The message
from Aries contains these words:
On Thu, 2 Apr 2009 09:23:14 -0600, graham wrote:

I remember seeing the original broadcast on "Panorama". It fooled
some of
my Father's workmen, but then, they had had very little education
having left the village school at 14, and even Heinz tinned
spaghetti was probably
"that foreign muck", to be eaten on toast.
Graham

You, Ophelia and I must be soooo old to have remembered that

Me-me-me-me-me miss! I remember it too - but since we'd had an
Italian au pair I knew about pasta, olive oil, extra v of that ilk,
and other things besides, and we had a giggle, and didn't expect
anyone would be fooled.

In that, we were fooled...

Yep some were of course !

I still molish a mean risotto more-or-less to her recipe.

Mmmmmmm

I think we have to test that one. What say you, Val?

Old 03-04-2009, 07:38 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Aries wrote:
On Thu, 2 Apr 2009 09:23:14 -0600, graham wrote:

I remember seeing the original broadcast on "Panorama". It fooled
some of my Father's workmen, but then, they had had very little
education having left the village school at 14, and even Heinz
tinned spaghetti was probably "that foreign muck", to be eaten on
toast.
Graham

You, Ophelia and I must be soooo old to have remembered that

nodnodnod

O, newly retired lady

Old 03-04-2009, 11:11 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Apr 3, 9:11*am, Aries wrote:
On Thu, 02 Apr 2009 22:34:47 +0100, Sacha wrote:
Ahem....... *;-)) * I was 11 in 1957. *;-)

Just a babe then
--
Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me !http://ariesval.co.uk/val/

And I was only a year old!!!! (Yeah right and there are fairies
hiding under the cabbages) :-)

Judith

Old 03-04-2009, 11:12 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Apr 3, 7:38*am, "Ophelia" wrote:
Aries wrote:
On Thu, 2 Apr 2009 09:23:14 -0600, graham wrote:

I remember seeing the original *broadcast on "Panorama". *It fooled
some of my Father's workmen, but then, they had had very little
education having left the village school at 14, *and even Heinz
tinned spaghetti was probably "that foreign muck", to be eaten on
toast.
Graham

You, Ophelia and I must be soooo old to have remembered that

nodnodnod

O, newly retired lady

Do you find you have even less time than you did before retirement? I
certainly do, how I found the time to work I shall never know!!

Judith

Old 03-04-2009, 12:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Aries wrote:
On Fri, 3 Apr 2009 07:38:18 +0100, Ophelia wrote:

You, Ophelia and I must be soooo old to have remembered that

Me-me-me-me-me miss! I remember it too - but since we'd had an
Italian au pair I knew about pasta, olive oil, extra v of that ilk,
and other things besides, and we had a giggle, and didn't expect
anyone would be fooled.

In that, we were fooled...

Yep some were of course !

I still molish a mean risotto more-or-less to her recipe.

Mmmmmmm

I think we have to test that one. What say you, Val?

I say YES! recipe please Rusty g

Well yes, a recipe would be grand, but shirley we must test it from the
hands of the master chef?

Old 03-04-2009, 12:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Aries wrote:
On Fri, 3 Apr 2009 07:38:36 +0100, Ophelia wrote:

Aries wrote:
On Thu, 2 Apr 2009 09:23:14 -0600, graham wrote:

I remember seeing the original broadcast on "Panorama". It fooled
some of my Father's workmen, but then, they had had very little
education having left the village school at 14, and even Heinz
tinned spaghetti was probably "that foreign muck", to be eaten on
toast.
Graham

You, Ophelia and I must be soooo old to have remembered that

nodnodnod

O, newly retired lady

More time now then for doing all the things you didn't have time for
before

Quite so, which is why I am such a beginner)

Old 03-04-2009, 12:02 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Judith in France wrote:
On Apr 3, 7:38 am, "Ophelia" wrote:
Aries wrote:
On Thu, 2 Apr 2009 09:23:14 -0600, graham wrote:

I remember seeing the original broadcast on "Panorama". It fooled
some of my Father's workmen, but then, they had had very little
education having left the village school at 14, and even Heinz
tinned spaghetti was probably "that foreign muck", to be eaten on
toast.
Graham

You, Ophelia and I must be soooo old to have remembered that

nodnodnod

O, newly retired lady

Do you find you have even less time than you did before retirement? I
certainly do, how I found the time to work I shall never know!!

Not yet, but it will happen.