Old 03-04-2009, 01:54 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default For those growing their own pesto

Aries wrote:
On Thu, 02 Apr 2009 22:34:47 +0100, Sacha wrote:

Ahem....... ;-)) I was 11 in 1957. ;-)

Just a babe then

I am 3 years older than you so just you respect yer elders, missy g

Old 03-04-2009, 01:55 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Aries wrote:
On Thu, 2 Apr 2009 15:58:44 -0600, graham wrote:

"Aries" wrote in message
On Thu, 2 Apr 2009 09:23:14 -0600, graham wrote:

I remember seeing the original broadcast on "Panorama". It
fooled some of
my Father's workmen, but then, they had had very little education
having left the village school at 14, and even Heinz tinned
spaghetti was probably
"that foreign muck", to be eaten on toast.
Graham

You, Ophelia and I must be soooo old to have remembered that
--

I've just applied to become an OAP{;-(
Graham

Congratulations

Yes, we shall be watching out for you

Old 03-04-2009, 03:50 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Aries wrote:
On Fri, 3 Apr 2009 12:54:48 +0100, Ophelia wrote:

Aries wrote:
On Thu, 02 Apr 2009 22:34:47 +0100, Sacha wrote:

Ahem....... ;-)) I was 11 in 1957. ;-)

Just a babe then

I am 3 years older than you so just you respect yer elders, missy g

I do not beeelieeeve it

*grin*

Old 03-04-2009, 06:03 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Apr 3, 11:26*am, Martin wrote:
On Fri, 3 Apr 2009 03:12:19 -0700 (PDT), Judith in France

wrote:
On Apr 3, 7:38*am, "Ophelia" wrote:
Aries wrote:
On Thu, 2 Apr 2009 09:23:14 -0600, graham wrote:

I remember seeing the original *broadcast on "Panorama". *It fooled
some of my Father's workmen, but then, they had had very little
education having left the village school at 14, *and even Heinz
tinned spaghetti was probably "that foreign muck", to be eaten on
toast.
Graham

You, Ophelia and I must be soooo old to have remembered that

nodnodnod

O, newly retired lady

Do you find you have even less time than you did before retirement? *I
certainly do, how I found the time to work I shall never know!!

Some of us did wonder at the time )
--

Martin

How I managed to work the hours I did, see our girls in London, have a
life outside work, I just don't know. I think I had much more energy,
I could work a 14 hour day and still wake up ready to start in the
garden for a while even before work!!!!! We would arrive home after
being away for a few weeks and within hours I had unpacked, washing
machine on and I would be out in the garden doing something.

To keep on topic I bought some plants today, a white Clematis, some
Tarragon; and 2 Rosemary plants, now I have to get them in, so popping
orf as they say in France :-)

Judith
Old 03-04-2009, 08:18 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

The message
from "Ophelia" contains these words:
Aries wrote:
On Fri, 3 Apr 2009 07:38:18 +0100, Ophelia wrote:

You, Ophelia and I must be soooo old to have remembered that

Me-me-me-me-me miss! I remember it too - but since we'd had an
Italian au pair I knew about pasta, olive oil, extra v of that ilk,
and other things besides, and we had a giggle, and didn't expect
anyone would be fooled.

In that, we were fooled...

Yep some were of course !

I still molish a mean risotto more-or-less to her recipe.

Mmmmmmm

I think we have to test that one. What say you, Val?

I say YES! recipe please Rusty g

Well yes, a recipe would be grand, but shirley we must test it from the
hands of the master chef?

How's your broadband?

--
Rusty

Old 03-04-2009, 09:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Aries wrote:
On Fri, 3 Apr 2009 07:38:18 +0100, Ophelia wrote:

You, Ophelia and I must be soooo old to have remembered that

Me-me-me-me-me miss! I remember it too - but since we'd had an
Italian au pair I knew about pasta, olive oil, extra v of that
ilk, and other things besides, and we had a giggle, and didn't
expect anyone would be fooled.

In that, we were fooled...

Yep some were of course !

I still molish a mean risotto more-or-less to her recipe.

Mmmmmmm

I think we have to test that one. What say you, Val?

I say YES! recipe please Rusty g

Well yes, a recipe would be grand, but shirley we must test it from
the hands of the master chef?

How's your broadband?

On dial up pro tem. Will be with Broadband over Easter

Old 03-04-2009, 10:44 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Aries" wrote in message
On Thu, 2 Apr 2009 09:23:14 -0600, graham wrote:

I remember seeing the original broadcast on "Panorama". It fooled
some
of
my Father's workmen, but then, they had had very little education
having
left the village school at 14, and even Heinz tinned spaghetti was
probably
"that foreign muck", to be eaten on toast.
Graham

You, Ophelia and I must be soooo old to have remembered that
--

I've just applied to become an OAP{;-(
Graham

Congratulations
--

Pehapes "Commiserations" more apt! {;-(
Graham

Old 03-04-2009, 10:46 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Aries" wrote in message
On Thu, 2 Apr 2009 09:23:14 -0600, graham wrote:

I remember seeing the original broadcast on "Panorama". It
fooled some of
my Father's workmen, but then, they had had very little education
having left the village school at 14, and even Heinz tinned
spaghetti was probably
"that foreign muck", to be eaten on toast.
Graham

You, Ophelia and I must be soooo old to have remembered that
--

I've just applied to become an OAP{;-(
Graham

Congratulations

Yes, we shall be watching out for you

I'm not that dangerous..........yet! {;-)
Graham

Old 03-04-2009, 10:47 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Judith in France" wrote in message
On Apr 2, 4:23 pm, "graham" wrote:
"Judith in France" wrote in
On Apr 2, 9:29 am, Sacha wrote:

Here's the way to grow the pasta to go with it. Apologies - meant to
post
this yesterday.
;-))http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SyUvN...eature=related
--
Sachahttp://www.hillhousenursery.com
South Devon

I laughed so much I hurt, Edward said he had seen it before but if I
have, I have forgotten.

Judith

I remember seeing the original broadcast on "Panorama". It fooled some of
my Father's workmen, but then, they had had very little education having
left the village school at 14, and even Heinz tinned spaghetti was
probably
"that foreign muck", to be eaten on toast.
Graham

When was that Graham?

Judith
I hink the original broadcast was in 1957.
Graham

Old 03-04-2009, 10:48 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Aries" wrote in message
On Thu, 2 Apr 2009 09:23:14 -0600, graham wrote:

I remember seeing the original broadcast on "Panorama". It
fooled some
of
my Father's workmen, but then, they had had very little education
having
left the village school at 14, and even Heinz tinned spaghetti
was probably
"that foreign muck", to be eaten on toast.
Graham

You, Ophelia and I must be soooo old to have remembered that
--

I've just applied to become an OAP{;-(
Graham

Congratulations
--

Pehapes "Commiserations" more apt! {;-(
Graham

You cannot be seeeeeeeeerious))) Now, if you decided to stop working so
hard, you might even realise you can enjoy it

Old 03-04-2009, 11:43 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Ophelia" wrote in message

"Aries" wrote in message
[...]

But the work is interesting!! Anyway, I can't garden as there's still about
2 feet of the white stuff covering the back garden and the better part of a
foot on the north facing roof of the house.
On the radio yesterday, a garden centre owner complained that he couldn't
unload the stock into the centre because of the snow coverage - so he was
off to the ski slopes.
Graham

Old 03-04-2009, 11:54 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

graham wrote:
"Ophelia" wrote in message

"Aries" wrote in message
[...]

But the work is interesting!!

But tiring because you do TOO much!!!!!!!!

Old 04-04-2009, 12:53 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Apr 3, 9:47*pm, "graham" wrote:
"Judith in France" wrote in ...
On Apr 2, 4:23 pm, "graham" wrote:

"Judith in France" wrote in
On Apr 2, 9:29 am, Sacha wrote:

[...]

Thanks, I was toooooooooooooo young to remember that :-)

Judith
Old 04-04-2009, 09:54 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Aries wrote:
On Fri, 3 Apr 2009 20:01:32 +0100, Ophelia wrote:

Well yes, a recipe would be grand, but shirley we must test it from
the hands of the master chef?

How's your broadband?

On dial up pro tem. Will be with Broadband over Easter

Roll on Easter then

Well, it will be only for a few days, and then back to dialup for a while
again

Will let you know though

Old 04-04-2009, 10:13 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

graham wrote:
"Ophelia" wrote in message

"Aries" wrote in message
[...]

Why? Having seen your back garden I reckon he could have skiid much
nearer)