Old 08-04-2009, 12:05 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default I knew we'd pay.....

.....for the lovely past weather. We have strong winds and lashing rain here
tonight and it's none too warm, either. In fact, I think we've gone
straight to autumn!
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.com

Old 08-04-2009, 08:04 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Sacha wrote:
....for the lovely past weather. We have strong winds and lashing
rain here tonight and it's none too warm, either. In fact, I think
we've gone straight to autumn!

Same here

Old 08-04-2009, 08:12 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Sacha" wrote
....for the lovely past weather. We have strong winds and lashing rain
here
tonight and it's none too warm, either. In fact, I think we've gone
straight to autumn!

Beautiful morning here, sun, clear blue sky and still, and a bit of rain
last night to make things grow.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden

Old 08-04-2009, 08:44 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message , Sacha
writes
....for the lovely past weather. We have strong winds and lashing rain here
tonight and it's none too warm, either. In fact, I think we've gone
straight to autumn!

..... and look at it this morning :-)) I don't know about Devon but
Daarset needed the rain badly. Now it can stay away again for a week or
so.

--
Gopher .... I know my place!

Old 08-04-2009, 09:30 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Gopher wrote:
In message , Sacha
writes
....for the lovely past weather. We have strong winds and lashing
rain here
tonight and it's none too warm, either. In fact, I think we've gone
straight to autumn!

.... and look at it this morning :-)) I don't know about Devon but
Daarset needed the rain badly. Now it can stay away again for a week or so.

Indeed it did.
It is glorious here this morning in rural Canford Magna, and I have to
say for the past several weeks we have had the best of all the weather
that has been on offer. I am way ahead in my regular chores and am now
ready for Summer planting with a green house bursting with plants.
Nice to meet a fellow Daarset member.

Bobbie, Scottish Grandma now living in Dorset.
Old 08-04-2009, 09:34 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Apr 8, 12:05*am, Sacha wrote:
....for the lovely past weather. *We have strong winds and lashing rain here
tonight and it's none too warm, either. *In fact, I think we've gone
straight to autumn!
--
Sachahttp://www.hillhousenursery.com
South Devon

It's exactly the same here in France Sacha added to that I feel quite
wretched so no gardening or anything for me today, back to bed I
think!!!!

Judith
Old 08-04-2009, 09:37 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 8/4/09 08:44, in article , "Gopher"
wrote:

In message , Sacha
writes
....for the lovely past weather. We have strong winds and lashing rain here
tonight and it's none too warm, either. In fact, I think we've gone
straight to autumn!

.... and look at it this morning :-)) I don't know about Devon but
Daarset needed the rain badly. Now it can stay away again for a week or
so.

It's certainly saved on outside watering - you're right it was very dry.

Old 08-04-2009, 10:15 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Wed, 08 Apr 2009 09:59:10 +0100, Sacha wrote:

Last Easter was *awful* but then it was also extremely early. I do wish
that the Powers That Be would decide on a fixed date. If it keeps
shoogling around all over the place and is said to be THE major
Christian festival, I would have thought it more respectful and sensible
to have a fixed date for it!

But Sacha, it /is/ fixed! It's always the first Sunday after the first
full moon after the spring equinox. What could be simpler? And if Pope
Gregory hadn't buggered about with the calendar we'd all celebrate it on
the same day!
Old 08-04-2009, 10:52 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message

"Sacha" wrote
....for the lovely past weather. We have strong winds and lashing rain
here
tonight and it's none too warm, either. In fact, I think we've gone
straight to autumn!

Beautiful morning here, sun, clear blue sky and still, and a bit of rain
last night to make things grow.

Same here, though we have some low but fluffy clouds. They have promised
more rain tomorrow afternoon.

--
Kathy

It's pointless to try and discuss ethics with a spider.

Old 08-04-2009, 11:56 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
K K is offline

Kathy writes

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message

"Sacha" wrote
....for the lovely past weather. We have strong winds and lashing rain
here
tonight and it's none too warm, either. In fact, I think we've gone
straight to autumn!

Beautiful morning here, sun, clear blue sky and still, and a bit of rain
last night to make things grow.

Same here, though we have some low but fluffy clouds. They have promised
more rain tomorrow afternoon.

Sun here (Yorks), but *very* windy. Resident oligochaetologist has gone
out to buy a large bit of wood - not sure how sensible it is to put
large sheets of wood on the roof rack on a day like today. He should
have gone yesterday.
--
Kay

Plants you would f*** if you knew no1 would find out tuliplover69 Garden Photos 3 26-12-2008 07:17 PM
I knew better, but... MVD Gardening 17 17-08-2007 02:08 PM
If you knew a sheddie...... Sacha United Kingdom 22 16-10-2006 08:15 PM
Things you wish newbies knew. [email protected] Ponds 1 01-02-2006 04:11 AM
wish i knew josephine United Kingdom 9 02-11-2005 05:09 PM