GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Sedum Matting (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/182459-sedum-matting.html)

Richard Edwards 09-04-2009 09:22 AM

Sedum Matting

Morning all,

Can anyone suggest suppliers for (a very small amount of) Sedum Matting in
Essex?

I can only locate suppliers a fair distance away so my delivery is going to
be more than the actuall matting.

Thanks very much

Richard

Rusty_Hinge[_2_] 09-04-2009 12:26 PM

Sedum Matting

The message
from "Richard Edwards" contains these words:

Morning all,

Can anyone suggest suppliers for (a very small amount of) Sedum Matting in
Essex?

I can only locate suppliers a fair distance away so my delivery is going to
be more than the actuall matting.

What is 'sedum matting'?

A bed of absorbent matting to put over (say) the roof of a shed to seed
with sedum as a 'green' roof?

--
Rusty

Richard Edwards 09-04-2009 01:16 PM

Sedum Matting

"Rusty_Hinge" wrote in message
. uk...
The message
from "Richard Edwards" contains these words:

Morning all,

Can anyone suggest suppliers for (a very small amount of) Sedum Matting
in
Essex?

I can only locate suppliers a fair distance away so my delivery is going
be more than the actuall matting.

What is 'sedum matting'?

A bed of absorbent matting to put over (say) the roof of a shed to seed
with sedum as a 'green' roof?

--
Rusty

pretty much...but i would like matting with plants already established...

the "roof" is layed in three stages.

1) waterproof/plastic sheeting
2) water retention fleese
3) sedum matting - i am guessing this will be just some hessian type
material with the sedum plants established into it...

Richard Edwards 09-04-2009 01:34 PM

Sedum Matting

"Rusty_Hinge" wrote in message
. uk...
The message
from "Richard Edwards" contains these words:

Morning all,

Can anyone suggest suppliers for (a very small amount of) Sedum Matting
in
Essex?

I can only locate suppliers a fair distance away so my delivery is going
be more than the actuall matting.

What is 'sedum matting'?

A bed of absorbent matting to put over (say) the roof of a shed to seed
with sedum as a 'green' roof?

--
Rusty

Take a look at this:

http://www.gardenersworld.com/how-to...le-green-roof/

Sacha[_3_] 09-04-2009 04:29 PM

Sedum Matting

On 9/4/09 13:34, in article , "Richard Edwards"
wrote:

"Rusty_Hinge" wrote in message
. uk...
The message
from "Richard Edwards" contains these words:

Morning all,

Can anyone suggest suppliers for (a very small amount of) Sedum Matting
in
Essex?

I can only locate suppliers a fair distance away so my delivery is going
be more than the actuall matting.

What is 'sedum matting'?

A bed of absorbent matting to put over (say) the roof of a shed to seed
with sedum as a 'green' roof?

--
Rusty

Take a look at this:

http://www.gardenersworld.com/how-to...le-green-roof/

These people are wholesalers but they might be able to point you in the
right direction:
http://www.kernock.co.uk/

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.com

Alan 09-04-2009 07:57 PM

Sedum Matting

In message , Richard Edwards
wrote

Take a look at this:

http://www.gardenersworld.com/how-to...le-green-roof/

Or on a larger scale

http://about.adnams.co.uk/about.aspx

http://about.adnams.co.uk/post/life/...ution-centre.a
spx

--

Alan
news2006 {at} amac {dot} f2s {dot} com

Rusty_Hinge[_2_] 10-04-2009 12:04 PM

Sedum Matting

The message
from Sacha contains these words:

Take a look at this:

http://www.gardenersworld.com/how-to...le-green-roof/

These people are wholesalers but they might be able to point you in the
right direction:
http://www.kernock.co.uk/

I'd try to find some well-worn Astroturf and make it dirtier, and plant
a few sedum bits here and there. It doesn't take long...

--
Rusty

Alan 10-04-2009 02:37 PM

Sedum Matting