GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Larix question (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/182581-larix-question.html)

Spider[_2_] 13-04-2009 01:40 PM

Larix question

I was given a Larix decidua Horstman Recurved for my birthday last year. It
is a 1/4 standard. It is still in a pot (I potted it on, so it's comfy just
now), but I would like to plant it in the garden. Being a grafted standard,
I know I need to stake it, but can't find any useful information about its
preferred growing conditions. Nothing much on the label or in my many
books; hardly anything on Google. Does anyone else know, or grow, this
plant?

I would be most grateful for *any* advice.

Thanks,
Spider