Old 17-04-2009, 09:23 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Google Street View

Somewhere on teh intarwebs Eps wrote:
Graham Harrison wrote:

"Marty" wrote in message
Why do people go on Google Street View and immediately look up their
own house?

Get off your arse and walk out into the street and you'll see it you
lazy ****s!

So that they can use the "report(?)" button to get Google to grey it
out? That's what I'll do if they ever get to my corner of Somerset.

don't hold your breath

My house is on there and I'm in Pukekohe, New Zealand!
--
Shaun.

Old 18-04-2009, 02:13 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Somewhere on teh intarwebs Martin wrote:

Graham Harrison wrote:

"Marty" wrote in message
Why do people go on Google Street View and immediately look up
their own house?

Get off your arse and walk out into the street and you'll see it
you lazy ****s!

So that they can use the "report(?)" button to get Google to grey
it out? That's what I'll do if they ever get to my corner of
Somerset.

don't hold your breath

My house is on there and I'm in Pukekohe, New Zealand!

How do you pronounce Pukekohe?

Ummm...

Pook e co he

Yeah, that sounds about right, the 'h' sound is quite soft though.

If I knew how to write phonetically I could probably be more accurate and
give you the Maori pronuonciation. However, the above is how 90% of people
here pronounce it and it differs very little from the true Maori
pronounciation. (If I were Maori I'd stress the 'co' and make it a short and
hard sound.)

HTH. :-)
--
Shaun.