GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   compost (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/182992-compost.html)

soulman 26-04-2009 12:42 AM

compost

are you better off making holes in a darlek type compost bins? most other
method seem to be more airated except these. On the other hand it needs to
get warm?

thanks jase.

Gordon H[_3_] 26-04-2009 09:45 AM

compost

In message , soulman
writes
are you better off making holes in a darlek type compost bins? most other
method seem to be more airated except these. On the other hand it needs to
get warm?

thanks jase.

The Darlek type plastic bin I bought from the local authority some years
ago has plenty of narrow slits around its circumference at several
heights.
The stuff inside does get warm, and I've recorded over 30°C during last
summer, considerably warmer than the outside temperature.
--
Gordon H
Remove "invalid" to reply