GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Geranium? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/183412-geranium.html)

Mitulove 08-05-2009 05:48 PM

Geranium?

Hello,

I have clumps of this little flower growing in my rockery. After a wander in a botanic garden, I thought it might be a geranium, but it has an interesting fluffy center (would love to know the technical term ;). Any ideas?

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3645/...49521635_b.jpg

Kind thanks!

beccabunga 08-05-2009 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mitulove (Post 843567)
Hello,

I have clumps of this little flower growing in my rockery. After a wander in a botanic garden, I thought it might be a geranium, but it has an interesting fluffy center (would love to know the technical term ;). Any ideas?

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3645/...49521635_b.jpg

Kind thanks!

Looks more like a small semi-double windflower - anemone nemorosa perhaps.

Mitulove 08-05-2009 11:39 PM

I did a google image search for anemone nemorosa, and that looks just like it, thank you!