GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   is it a sick delphinium? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/183474-sick-delphinium.html)

jeang[_2_] 10-05-2009 05:14 PM

is it a sick delphinium?

Hi to all gardeners Maybe someone can help - I have 6 delphiniums planted
last year in a spot about 3 feet square - in a bed that gets sun from about
10 am on. Five of them are doing very well but the leaves of no. 6 look
wilted but it has had plenty of water lately, I can't find any aphids, worms
etc. and looked for stem rot (whatever that is) but found no blackening
anywhere on the plant. I live in Delta (just out of Vancouver, BC). Would
much appreciate any suggestions. Jean

Judith in France 10-05-2009 07:02 PM

is it a sick delphinium?

On May 10, 5:14*pm, "jeang" wrote:
Hi to all gardeners *Maybe someone can help - I have 6 delphiniums planted
last year in a spot about 3 feet square - in a bed that gets sun from about
10 am on. *Five of them are doing very well but the leaves of no. 6 look
wilted but it has had plenty of water lately, I can't find any aphids, worms
etc. and looked for stem rot (whatever that is) but found no blackening
anywhere on the plant. *I live in Delta (just out of Vancouver, BC). *Would
much appreciate any suggestions. *Jean

Maybe something attacking it from below soil?

Judith

moghouse 10-05-2009 07:41 PM

is it a sick delphinium?

On May 10, 5:14*pm, "jeang" wrote:

Now look here, Jean, I know the UK National Health Service is the envy
of the world (or so our government keeps telling us) But sick Canadian
delphiniums? The point is I have a dozen of my own in pots that are
still waiting for a permanent home and two of those are sick too, so
it seems we are only allowed five healthy ones in every six. Be
content, five out of six ain't bad!