GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Courgette advice (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/183557-courgette-advice.html)

Donna UK 13-05-2009 08:56 AM

Courgette advice

Hi All

I have grown a few courgette plants and they look very leggy. I have
potted them up and planted them slightly deeper in the pot... Some people
have said that doing this will make the stem root. Do I need to go and dig
them up again???

Donna

Derek Turner 13-05-2009 11:14 AM

Courgette advice

On Wed, 13 May 2009 08:56:59 +0100, Donna UK wrote:

Hi All

I have grown a few courgette plants and they look very leggy. I have
potted them up and planted them slightly deeper in the pot... Some
people have said that doing this will make the stem root.

And that's a bad thing?

[email protected][_2_] 13-05-2009 01:34 PM

Courgette advice

On 13 May, 11:14, Derek Turner wrote:
On Wed, 13 May 2009 08:56:59 +0100, Donna UK wrote:
Hi All

I have grown a few courgette plants and they *look very leggy. *I have
potted them up and planted them slightly deeper *in the pot... Some
people have said that doing this will make the stem root.

And that's a bad thing?

No, I do that with leggy tomatoes as well and they seem to thrive.
Also they are less prone to being damaged by winds in their early
stages.

Derek Turner 13-05-2009 03:54 PM

Courgette advice

On Wed, 13 May 2009 05:34:26 -0700, wrote:

And that's a bad thing?

No, I do that with leggy tomatoes as well and they seem to thrive. Also
they are less prone to being damaged by winds in their early stages.

My point entirely :) The question was rhetorical.