Old 13-05-2009, 08:33 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Where to buy glyphosate weedkiller

Hi
I was given to understand that the licence to use glyphosate
in branded weedkiller has expired and glyphosate should now be
available at a reasonable price on the open market. Does anyone have a
reliable source from whom I can purchase it at a reasonable price
please.

Ian
Old 13-05-2009, 08:53 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Ian Pollard wrote:
Hi
I was given to understand that the licence to use glyphosate
in branded weedkiller has expired and glyphosate should now be
available at a reasonable price on the open market. Does anyone have a
reliable source from whom I can purchase it at a reasonable price
please.

Ian

It would be nice to think that that this might be true. In practice, a
couple of other brands are on the market a bit cheaper than Roundup but
not that much cheaper.
Look carefully at the amount of active ingredient when comparing prices.

Bob
Old 13-05-2009, 09:02 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Wed, 13 May 2009 Ian Pollard wrote:

I was given to understand that the licence to use glyphosate
in branded weedkiller has expired and glyphosate should now be
available at a reasonable price on the open market. Does anyone have a
reliable source from whom I can purchase it at a reasonable price
please.

I know places where it has been possible to buy it at a quarter of the
usual price - but I'm afraid they're all in France! My allotment
neighbours used to ask me to get some each time I visited France!

David

http://www.mesnil.demon.co.uk

Old 13-05-2009, 10:46 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

--
David Rance * * * *writing from Caversham, Reading, UKhttp://www.mesnil.demon.co.uk

Do tell David, where in France, please?

Judith
Old 13-05-2009, 10:49 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Ian Pollard" wrote in message

Hi
I was given to understand that the licence to use glyphosate
in branded weedkiller has expired and glyphosate should now be
available at a reasonable price on the open market. Does anyone have a
reliable source from whom I can purchase it at a reasonable price
please.

I bought mine from Wilkinson Stores. Pretty sure it was their brand.

--
Steve

Old 14-05-2009, 12:16 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Wed, 13 May 2009 Judith in France wrote:

* * * I was given to understand that the licence to use glyphosate
in branded weedkiller has expired and glyphosate should now be
available at a reasonable price on the open market. Does anyone have a
reliable source from whom I can purchase it at a reasonable price
please.

I know places where it has been possible to buy it at a quarter of the
usual price - but I'm afraid they're all in France! My allotment
neighbours used to ask me to get some each time I visited France!

David

Do tell David, where in France, please?

Bricomarché. At least the one in Falaise stocks it so I suppose that
others do.

David

http://www.mesnil.demon.co.uk

Old 14-05-2009, 08:58 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Wed, 13 May 2009 14:46:26 -0700 (PDT), Judith in France
wrote:

On May 13, 9:02*pm, David Rance
wrote:

I know places where it has been possible to buy it at a quarter of the
usual price - but I'm afraid they're all in France! My allotment
neighbours used to ask me to get some each time I visited France!

David

--
David Rance * * * *writing from Caversham, Reading, UKhttp://www.mesnil.demon.co.uk

Do tell David, where in France, please?

Judith

Dear All
Thank you for your help.

Ian
Old 14-05-2009, 08:00 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"David Rance" wrote in message
On Wed, 13 May 2009 Ian Pollard wrote:

I was given to understand that the licence to use glyphosate
in branded weedkiller has expired and glyphosate should now be
available at a reasonable price on the open market. Does anyone have a
reliable source from whom I can purchase it at a reasonable price
please.

I know places where it has been possible to buy it at a quarter of the
usual price - but I'm afraid they're all in France! My allotment
neighbours used to ask me to get some each time I visited France!

Please let me know when you next go!

Alan

David

http://www.mesnil.demon.co.uk

Old 14-05-2009, 08:28 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Thu, 14 May 2009 alan.holmes wrote:

I was given to understand that the licence to use glyphosate
in branded weedkiller has expired and glyphosate should now be
available at a reasonable price on the open market. Does anyone have a
reliable source from whom I can purchase it at a reasonable price
please.

I know places where it has been possible to buy it at a quarter of the
usual price - but I'm afraid they're all in France! My allotment
neighbours used to ask me to get some each time I visited France!

Please let me know when you next go!

24th May for four days.

David

http://www.mesnil.demon.co.uk

Old 15-05-2009, 12:12 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

David Rance wrote:
On Wed, 13 May 2009 Judith in France wrote:

I was given to understand that the licence to use glyphosate
in branded weedkiller has expired and glyphosate should now be
available at a reasonable price on the open market. Does anyone have a
reliable source from whom I can purchase it at a reasonable price
please.

I know places where it has been possible to buy it at a quarter of the
usual price - but I'm afraid they're all in France! My allotment
neighbours used to ask me to get some each time I visited France!

David

Do tell David, where in France, please?

Bricomarché. At least the one in Falaise stocks it so I suppose that
others do.

David

Good Lord, man. Have they no Agrial (formerly Orcal, sometimes Point
Vert) in Falaise? Go to the professional section, ask for Roundup.
Bring your own container. You'll be pleasantly surprised.

Not sure what the minimum is, though. I get mine by ladle from a local.

Falaise, eh? South of Argentan here.

-E
Old 15-05-2009, 08:31 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Fri, 15 May 2009 Emery Davis wrote:

I was given to understand that the licence to use
glyphosate
in branded weedkiller has expired and glyphosate should now be
available at a reasonable price on the open market. Does anyone have a
reliable source from whom I can purchase it at a reasonable price
please.

I know places where it has been possible to buy it at a quarter of the
usual price - but I'm afraid they're all in France! My allotment
neighbours used to ask me to get some each time I visited France!

David

Do tell David, where in France, please?

Bricomarché. At least the one in Falaise stocks it so I suppose that
others do.
David

Good Lord, man. Have they no Agrial (formerly Orcal, sometimes Point
Vert) in Falaise?

Yes, they do. And there's one in Pont D'Ouilly which is my local one.

Go to the professional section, ask for Roundup. Bring your own
container. You'll be pleasantly surprised.

Can't say that Agrial's prices are all that low on most things. That's
where I get my vine posts from. But thanks for the tip. I'll ask next
time I go and ask for "Roondoop"!

Falaise, eh?

Between Falaise and Condé-sur-Noireau

South of Argentan here.