GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Raised bed soil change (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/183598-raised-bed-soil-change.html)

Rock Creations 14-05-2009 12:02 AM

Raised bed soil change

I have just rendered my wifes raised flower beds with random stone effect render and formed stone copings, you really can't tell the difference from real stone, the flexcement material I use is amazing. Anyway my question is as the top soil is not very deep and is not of brilliant quality, do I just add top soil on the surface or will all the bulbs and shrubs all have to be replanted in better quality soil.

len gardener 14-05-2009 07:54 PM

Raised bed soil change

g'day rock creations,

just add onto the top what we do should also work for flowers so take
a peek.

On Thu, 14 May 2009 00:02:05 +0100, Rock Creations
wrote:
snipped
With peace and brightest of blessings,

len & bev

--
"Be Content With What You Have And
A World That You May Not Understand."

http://www.lensgarden.com.au/

Rock Creations 14-05-2009 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Plum (Post 844715)

Hi Len

This is the sort of thing that I do.

www.impressivecreations.co.uk

Plum 14-05-2009 11:44 PM

Raised bed soil change

Check out your local council's green bin depot. Ours lets us have unlimited
compost free if we take bags and help ourselves. Very handy for filling a
large space like a raised bed. The farmers are also good for free horse
manure if you collect it.

"Rock Creations" wrote in
message ...