GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Runner bean Q (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/183619-runner-bean-q.html)

Pete C[_2_] 14-05-2009 08:59 PM

Runner bean Q

Planting out some runners this evening, I accidentally broke off the leaves
on one plant. Will it die or recover?Thanks :)
--
Pete C
London UK

[email protected] 14-05-2009 09:24 PM

Runner bean Q

In article ,
Pete C wrote:
Planting out some runners this evening, I accidentally broke off the leaves

on one plant. Will it die or recover?Thanks :)

If the break is above the first leaf node, it will be fine. If below,
it will die.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

Pete C[_2_] 14-05-2009 09:38 PM

Runner bean Q

wrote:
In article ,
Pete C wrote:
Planting out some runners this evening, I accidentally broke off the
leaves

on one plant. Will it die or recover?Thanks :)

If the break is above the first leaf node, it will be fine. If below,
it will die.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

Thanks Nick. It was a slow grower.....only the two leaves. :(
--
Pete C
London UK

Hugh Jampton 14-05-2009 10:14 PM

Runner bean Q

On Thu, 14 May 2009 21:38:38 +0100, Pete C wrote:

Thanks Nick. It was a slow grower.....only the two leaves. :(

Let's hope you've not entered any runner bean competitions then :-)
--
Regards,

Hugh Jampton

Hugh Jampton 14-05-2009 10:45 PM

Runner bean Q

On Thu, 14 May 2009 22:19:06 +0100, AriesVal wrote:

Now I know who you are ;) but your secret is safe with me ;)

Don't tell me that you've entered the competition too ?

Mine got planted today !
--
Regards,

Hugh Jampton

K 15-05-2009 11:31 AM

Runner bean Q

Pete C writes

wrote:
In article ,
Pete C wrote:
Planting out some runners this evening, I accidentally broke off the
leaves

on one plant. Will it die or recover?Thanks :)

If the break is above the first leaf node, it will be fine. If below,
it will die.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

Thanks Nick. It was a slow grower.....only the two leaves. :(

Do you mean true leaves or the fat fleshy seed leaves? If the latter,
then there is no hope.
--
Kay

Pete C[_2_] 15-05-2009 07:10 PM

Runner bean Q

K wrote:
Pete C writes

wrote:
In article ,
Pete C wrote:
Planting out some runners this evening, I accidentally broke off
the leaves
on one plant. Will it die or recover?Thanks :)

If the break is above the first leaf node, it will be fine. If
below, it will die.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

Thanks Nick. It was a slow grower.....only the two leaves. :(

Do you mean true leaves or the fat fleshy seed leaves? If the latter,
then there is no hope.

Seed leaves.......... :(
--
Pete C