GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   very OT but amusing (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/183792-very-ot-but-amusing.html)

June Hughes 19-05-2009 03:49 PM

very OT but amusing

On the Today Programme on R4 this morning, the announcer was introducing
David Cameron before an interview about MP's expenses claims and
introduced him as David Cameraman :)
--
June Hughes

Judith in France 19-05-2009 05:26 PM

very OT but amusing

On May 19, 4:17*pm, Martin wrote:
On Tue, 19 May 2009 15:49:04 +0100, June Hughes
wrote:

On the Today Programme on R4 this morning, the announcer was introducing
David Cameron before an interview about MP's expenses claims and
introduced him as David Cameraman :)

Yes!

His evasive answers to the question of how much money he had made from his
taxpayer subsidised mortgage made me laugh too.
The shows not over until the fat lady sings, unless she becomes temporary
speaker.
--

Martin

Bring back Betty.

Judith

Kate Morgan 19-05-2009 05:39 PM

very OT but amusing

On the Today Programme on R4 this morning, the announcer was introducing
David Cameron before an interview about MP's expenses claims and
introduced him as David Cameraman :)

Yes!

His evasive answers to the question of how much money he had made from his
taxpayer subsidised mortgage made me laugh too.
The shows not over until the fat lady sings, unless she becomes temporary
speaker.
--

Martin

Bring back Betty.

Judith

yes indeed she was great :-)

kate

Judith in France 19-05-2009 07:04 PM

very OT but amusing

On May 19, 5:54*pm, Martin wrote:
On Tue, 19 May 2009 09:26:18 -0700 (PDT), Judith in France

wrote:

On the Today Programme on R4 this morning, the announcer was introducing
David Cameron before an interview about MP's expenses claims and
introduced him as David Cameraman :)

Yes!

His evasive answers to the question of how much money he had made from his
taxpayer subsidised mortgage made me laugh too.
The shows not over until the fat lady sings, unless she becomes temporary
speaker.
--

Martin

Bring back Betty.

Anne Widdecombe and old uncle Tom Cobly and all fancy their chances
--

Martin

I would think Anne is in with a chance.

Judith

June Hughes 19-05-2009 07:08 PM

very OT but amusing

In message
,
Judith in France writes

wrote:

On the Today Programme on R4 this morning, the announcer was introducing
David Cameron before an interview about MP's expenses claims and
introduced him as David Cameraman :)

Yes!

His evasive answers to the question of how much money he had made from his
taxpayer subsidised mortgage made me laugh too.
The shows not over until the fat lady sings, unless she becomes temporary
speaker.
--

Martin

Bring back Betty.

Anne Widdecombe and old uncle Tom Cobly and all fancy their chances
--

Martin

I would think Anne is in with a chance.

Judith

I don't like her very much but would think she'd be good for that job.
--
June Hughes

Gordon H[_3_] 19-05-2009 07:35 PM

very OT but amusing

In message , Martin
writes

wrote:

On the Today Programme on R4 this morning, the announcer was introducing
David Cameron before an interview about MP's expenses claims and
introduced him as David Cameraman :)

Yes!

His evasive answers to the question of how much money he had made from his
taxpayer subsidised mortgage made me laugh too.
The shows not over until the fat lady sings, unless she becomes temporary
speaker.

I was indignant at his suggestion that an immediate general election was
the solution to the expenses scandal.
But he would say that, wouldn't he?
--
Gordon H
Remove "invalid" to reply

Gordon H[_3_] 19-05-2009 07:42 PM

very OT but amusing

In message , Kate
Morgan writes

On the Today Programme on R4 this morning, the announcer was introducing
David Cameron before an interview about MP's expenses claims and
introduced him as David Cameraman :)

Yes!

His evasive answers to the question of how much money he had made from his
taxpayer subsidised mortgage made me laugh too.
The shows not over until the fat lady sings, unless she becomes temporary
speaker.

Martin

Bring back Betty.
Judith

yes indeed she was great :-)
kate

I spend a lot less time watching PMQ since she stepped down.
Damned attractive woman, stood no nonsense.
--
Gordon H
Remove "invalid" to reply

Gordon H[_3_] 19-05-2009 07:45 PM

very OT but amusing

In message , Martin
writes

Anne Widdecombe and old uncle Tom Cobly and all fancy their chances

Regardless of how awful "Tory" women are, I find her outspokenness
entertaining.
Anyone notice how her TV image has changed in the last year or so?
--
Gordon H
Remove "invalid" to reply

moghouse 19-05-2009 08:27 PM

very OT but amusing

On May 19, 7:42*pm, Gordon H
wrote:

I spend a lot less time watching PMQ since she stepped down.
Damned attractive woman, stood no nonsense.

I think you should have gone to Specsavers!

June Hughes 20-05-2009 09:50 AM

very OT but amusing

In message , Martin
writes
On Tue, 19 May 2009 22:57:22 +0100, Anne Welsh Jackson
wrote:

Gordon H wrote:
Martin writes
June Hughes wrote:

On the Today Programme on R4 this morning, the announcer was
introducing David Cameron before an interview about MP's expenses
claims and introduced him as David Cameraman :)

Yes!

His evasive answers to the question of how much money he had made
from his taxpayer subsidised mortgage made me laugh too.
The shows not over until the fat lady sings, unless she becomes temporary
speaker.

I was indignant at his suggestion that an immediate general election was
the solution to the expenses scandal. But he would say that, wouldn't he?

I want to see a list of the MPs who _haven't_ been fiddling their expenses...
and an end to government policy being dictated by the media in general,
and the fourth estate in particular.

The D. Telegraph had such a list yesterday. I think there were around half a
dozen in it.

I was under the impression that most politicians had not claimed
anything they shouldn't.
--
June Hughes

Sacha[_4_] 20-05-2009 10:02 AM

very OT but amusing

On 2009-05-20 09:50:59 +0100, June Hughes
said:

In message , Martin
writes
On Tue, 19 May 2009 22:57:22 +0100, Anne Welsh Jackson
wrote:

Gordon H wrote:
Martin writes
June Hughes wrote:

[...]

No, they've just made 'mistakes' in claiming for e.g. mortgages
already paid off. If this hadn't blown up, I wonder when they'd have
realised their 'mistake'?
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com
Exotic plants, shrubs & perennials
South Devon

David Rance 20-05-2009 10:03 AM

very OT but amusing

On Tue, 19 May 2009 Anne Welsh Jackson wrote:
Gordon H wrote:
Martin writes
June Hughes wrote:

On the Today Programme on R4 this morning, the announcer was
introducing David Cameron before an interview about MP's expenses
claims and introduced him as David Cameraman :)

Yes!

His evasive answers to the question of how much money he had made
from his taxpayer subsidised mortgage made me laugh too.
The shows not over until the fat lady sings, unless she becomes temporary
speaker.

I was indignant at his suggestion that an immediate general election was
the solution to the expenses scandal. But he would say that, wouldn't he?

I want to see a list of the MPs who _haven't_ been fiddling their expenses...

Apparently Martin Salter (Reading West) hasn't. He's the first
politician I've met who is in it for the right reasons. Pity I'm in the
Reading East constituency. I won't tell you what I think of *our* MP.

David

http://www.mesnil.demon.co.uk

June Hughes 20-05-2009 10:40 AM

very OT but amusing

In message , Martin
writes

On 2009-05-20 09:50:59 +0100, June Hughes
said:

In message , Martin
writes
On Tue, 19 May 2009 22:57:22 +0100, Anne Welsh Jackson

wrote:

Gordon H wrote:
Martin writes
June Hughes wrote:

[...]

The biggest mistake is "flipping" houses and confusing the main home with the
secondary home, to avoid paying council tax and capital gains tax. IMO that is
fraud and should be prosecuted.

The only problem there is that they claim they were told they could do
it.
--
June Hughes

June Hughes 20-05-2009 10:42 AM

very OT but amusing

In message , Sacha
writes
On 2009-05-20 09:50:59 +0100, June Hughes
said:

In message , Martin
writes
On Tue, 19 May 2009 22:57:22 +0100, Anne Welsh Jackson

wrote:

Gordon H wrote:
Martin writes
June Hughes wrote:

[...]

No. I meant that I thought most politicians hadn't made so-called
'mistakes' or done anything 'shifty'. I can't remember how many MPs
there are but the revelations by the DT seem to have been few compared
with the total.
--
June Hughes

Judith in France 20-05-2009 10:58 AM

very OT but amusing

On 2009-05-20 09:50:59 +0100, June Hughes
said:

In message , Martin
writes
On Tue, 19 May 2009 22:57:22 +0100, Anne Welsh Jackson
wrote:

Gordon H wrote:
Martin writes
June Hughes wrote:

[...]