GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Habenaria radiata, White Egret Orchid (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/183913-habenaria-radiata-white-egret-orchid.html)

Dave Hill 21-05-2009 06:45 PM

Habenaria radiata, White Egret Orchid

I am reposting this , but I have to assume that noone has tried it.

Has anyone ever tried growing these, Habenaria radiata were free from
T & M with an order.
Look interesting, for those who dont know them see
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...0flowers/Haben...

David Hill

Mike Derby[_2_] 21-05-2009 10:17 PM

Habenaria radiata, White Egret Orchid

Yes I have, without success. Late summer last year I planted four bulbs in
a quite large pot using a recommended compost mix. The pot has been in
my conservatory since planting the bulbs. Early April this year the bulbs
produced a stem, each with two leaves. Now all the plants have rotted
off at soil level. I have also taken great care following watering
instructions.
I know of gardeners who have had success with H. radiata, bringing them
to flowering stage. Unfortunately I have not been one of them.

MD
---
"Dave Hill" asked: