Old 23-05-2009, 06:17 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default hozelock sprinkler that wont rotate

We have had one of those yellow plastic Hozelock 17 hole Aquastorm Sprinker
for a couple of years. It's the type with the curved aluminium tube that
slowly rotates in one direction and then the other direction.

When starting up, it stops moving after a couple of times. I could cut into
the side of it to lubricate any of the moving parts; if this was a feasible
option to get it working properly again.

But I dont know whether the actual 'housing' is pressurised with the water
in it in which case it would just jigger the whole thing for ever.

Grateful for any advice please to get it going.

Old 24-05-2009, 07:57 AM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by john royce View Post
We have had one of those yellow plastic Hozelock 17 hole Aquastorm Sprinker
for a couple of years. It's the type with the curved aluminium tube that
slowly rotates in one direction and then the other direction.

When starting up, it stops moving after a couple of times.
.

I work for hozelock, hope you don't mind me offering some advice :
1. Its got a 2 year guarantee, so if you have the receipt, please contact us about a replacement.(www.hozelock.com)
2. There is a filter on the inlet (behind the quick connect adaptor) if you have removed the inlet to clean the filter, make sure you screw the inlet back on nice and tight. This is important.
3. If you have hard water, its possible that the mechanism may have become clogged, try tipping a little vinegar into the motor and leaving it overnight to descale it.
4. Finally you can't open the case it is pressurised, and I think its unlikely that you would be able to reseal it.

I hope this helps.
Old 04-06-2009, 05:18 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Have you checked your water pressure? I know that some water companies
are sneakily reducing the pressure, especially in unmetered areas. A
bit like Broadband -- so-called unrestricted services rarely are.

If you are suffering from low pressure, you could try a different type
of sprinkler which performs well off low pressure, like:
http://www.hozelock.com/watering/spr...nkler-176.html

On

2009-05-24 14:02:14 +0100, "john royce" said:

"simon mcardle" wrote in message

john royce;846629 Wrote:
[...]

simon mcardle

Simon many thanks. It is outside guarantee. I will now try the vinegar.

Have tried vinegar in our kitchen kettle before and it was not a great
success. If the vinegar doesnt work in the sprinkler, it makes me wonder
about using some of these kettle descaler powders? What do you think?

Old 23-06-2017, 01:59 PM
Registered User

Thumbs up Hazelock rectangular sprinkler does not rotate

Using vinegar to decalcify I find it to be a waste of time
What I have found to work is using Cillit Bang Power Cleaner Limescale and Shine
To use - remove the hose attachment screw, the filter and the grey plastic insert
Insert a a small funnel into the centre of the housing and squirt the foam spray into the mechanism via the funnel (4 - 5 squirts). There is a little bit of wastage, but enough of the foam does go inside the mechanism. Reassemble the removed parts and make sure the hose connection screw is on firmly. Leave to stand for 24 hours. After 24 hours connect to the hose pipe and turn on the water You may need to initially manually rotate the mechanism a couple times and then hopefully it will work okay Depending on how badly calcified you sprinker was, you may need to repeat the above a second time. If it does work okay I would advise repeating the above operations every 2 - 3 months
Mine was calcified quite badly and is working fine now, hopefully you will have the same success
Regards Lenny