GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Coal pieces in the soil (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/184041-coal-pieces-soil.html)

john royce 24-05-2009 09:02 AM

Coal pieces in the soil

Laying some paving stones I have had to dig up some soil, that is full of
small bits of coal.

Can I use this soil in pots? Is the coal in it turning it acid or affecting
it in any substantial way as far as growing plants in it is concerned?
Thanks

Derek Turner 24-05-2009 09:59 AM

Coal pieces in the soil

On Sun, 24 May 2009 09:02:24 +0100, john royce wrote:

Laying some paving stones I have had to dig up some soil, that is full
of small bits of coal.

Can I use this soil in pots? Is the coal in it turning it acid or
affecting it in any substantial way as far as growing plants in it is
concerned? Thanks

Personally, I wouldn't use /any/ sort of soil in pots.