GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Question about Canterbury Bells (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/184124-question-about-canterbury-bells.html)

Tracey[_3_] 26-05-2009 09:45 AM

Question about Canterbury Bells

Asking on behalf of a friend in Germany. He has some Canterbury Bells
in his garden which have just finished flowering. He wants to know if
he cuts them back after seeding is there a chance they may flower
again this summer?

Many thanks in advance to anyone who can advise!

eridanus riviera 26-05-2009 03:31 PM

On May 26, 9:45*am, Tracey wrote:
Asking on behalf of a friend in Germany. *He has some Canterbury Bells
in his garden which have just finished flowering. *He wants to know if
he cuts them back after seeding is there a chance they may flower
again this summer?

Many thanks in advance to anyone who can advise!

I love this flower but I've never grown it. Try this page:
http://www.ehow.com/how_6696_grow-canterbury-bells.html

Google is really your best bet. Try:
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...&aq=f&oq=&aqi=

good luck
E-R

beccabunga 26-05-2009 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tracey[_3_] (Post 847259)
Asking on behalf of a friend in Germany. He has some Canterbury Bells
in his garden which have just finished flowering. He wants to know if
he cuts them back after seeding is there a chance they may flower
again this summer?

Many thanks in advance to anyone who can advise!

Very possible. Cut them now and they may flower again in late August.