Old 26-05-2009, 04:08 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Hammerrite Paint

On all the stores we have visited, we can only get Dark Green, but we want
Light Green.

Has anyone seen such a colour?

Mike
--
..

Old 26-05-2009, 05:23 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"'Mike'" wrote in message

On all the stores we have visited, we can only get Dark Green, but we want
Light Green.

Has anyone seen such a colour?

Mike

Dark green is all they do Mike, how about getting a tin of white and mixing
the two for desired shade? As long as the white is also Hammerite it should
mix ok but may need a little of their thinners to make it a little easier.Of
course you would have to take note of the quantities if you wanted to
continually match colour.

IM

Old 26-05-2009, 05:36 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

--
..
"Isleman" Isleman@home wrote in message

"'Mike'" wrote in message

On all the stores we have visited, we can only get Dark Green, but we
want Light Green.

Has anyone seen such a colour?

Mike

Dark green is all they do Mike, how about getting a tin of white and
mixing the two for desired shade? As long as the white is also Hammerite
it should mix ok but may need a little of their thinners to make it a
little easier.Of course you would have to take note of the quantities if
you wanted to continually match colour.

IM

Many thanks for the suggestion and we had thought of it. We have a tin of
white but it states quite clearly "Do not mix paints" :-((

Mike

Old 26-05-2009, 05:55 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2009-05-26 17:23:42 +0100, "Isleman" Isleman@home said:

"'Mike'" wrote in message

On all the stores we have visited, we can only get Dark Green, but we want
Light Green.

Has anyone seen such a colour?

Mike

Dark green is all they do Mike, how about getting a tin of white and mixing
the two for desired shade? As long as the white is also Hammerite it should
mix ok but may need a little of their thinners to make it a little easier.Of
course you would have to take note of the quantities if you wanted to
continually match colour.

IM

Wouldn't this be on topic for the diy group?
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com
Exotic plants, shrubs & perennials
South Devon

Old 26-05-2009, 06:21 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

--
..
On 2009-05-26 17:23:42 +0100, "Isleman" Isleman@home said:

"'Mike'" wrote in message

On all the stores we have visited, we can only get Dark Green, but we
want
Light Green.

Has anyone seen such a colour?

Mike

Dark green is all they do Mike, how about getting a tin of white and
mixing
the two for desired shade? As long as the white is also Hammerite it
should
mix ok but may need a little of their thinners to make it a little
easier.Of
course you would have to take note of the quantities if you wanted to
continually match colour.

IM

Wouldn't this be on topic for the diy group?
Sacha

Wouldn't lots of the chit chat on this newsgroup be better taken to email?

Kind regards

Mike
www.rneba.org.uk

Old 26-05-2009, 06:24 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

--
..
On 2009-05-26 17:23:42 +0100, "Isleman" Isleman@home said:
"'Mike'" wrote:

On all the stores we have visited, we can only get Dark Green,
but we want Light Green.

Has anyone seen such a colour?

Dark green is all they do Mike, how about getting a tin of white and
mixing
the two for desired shade? As long as the white is also Hammerite it
should
mix ok but may need a little of their thinners to make it a little
easier.Of
course you would have to take note of the quantities if you wanted to
continually match colour.

Wouldn't this be on topic for the diy group?

My garden gate is painted with Hammerite - that makes it on-topic, AFAIAC.

--
AnneJ

and the Hammerite paint is wanted for a GARDEN ROLLER

Kindest regards

Mike

Old 26-05-2009, 06:46 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"'Mike'" wrote in message

On all the stores we have visited, we can only get Dark Green, but we want
Light Green.

Has anyone seen such a colour?

Mike
--

Shades available, here.......
http://www.hammerite.com/uk/products...al_shades.html

Old 26-05-2009, 07:06 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On May 26, 5:23*pm, "Isleman" Isleman@home wrote:
"'Mike'" wrote in message

On all the stores we have visited, we can only get Dark Green, but we want
Light Green.

Has anyone seen such a colour?

Mike

Dark green is all they do Mike, how about getting a tin of white and mixing
the two for desired shade? As long as the white is also Hammerite it should
mix ok but may need a little of their thinners to make it a little easier..Of
course you would have to take note of the quantities if you wanted to
continually match colour.

If you ARE going to mix it, you might care to consider mixing yellow
rather than white, or a combination of the two, for a more
satisfactory result. This presupposes that Hammerite make a yellow, of
course.
Old 26-05-2009, 07:53 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2009-05-26 17:23:42 +0100, "Isleman" Isleman@home said:
"'Mike'" wrote:

On all the stores we have visited, we can only get Dark Green,
but we want Light Green.

Has anyone seen such a colour?

Dark green is all they do Mike, how about getting a tin of white and
mixing
the two for desired shade? As long as the white is also Hammerite it
should
mix ok but may need a little of their thinners to make it a little
easier.Of
course you would have to take note of the quantities if you wanted to
continually match colour.

Wouldn't this be on topic for the diy group?

My garden gate is painted with Hammerite - that makes it on-topic, AFAIAC.

And tobacco is a plant, known as the noxious weed, which makes that on
topic as to its effects upon the human body. It's just as if we were
discussing Oleander or rue. AFAIC.

Old 26-05-2009, 09:59 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Anne Welsh Jackson wrote:
Sacha wrote:

My garden gate is painted with Hammerite - that makes it on-topic,
AFAIAC.

And tobacco is a plant, known as the noxious weed, which makes that
on topic as to its effects upon the human body. It's just as if we
were discussing Oleander or rue. AFAIC.

Yes, and gardeners smoke, drink beer - or wine - yadda, yadda, yadda,

Still has precious little to do with the cover for compost heaps,
though! (Unless you're still in the business of covering Judith's
arse, of course...) Are you mixing up threads here Anne?

Whatever, I'd prefer Judiths arse UNcovered (thats a wink)
--
Pete C
London UK

Old 26-05-2009, 10:58 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2009-05-26 20:48:45 +0100, Anne Welsh Jackson said:

Sacha wrote:

My garden gate is painted with Hammerite - that makes it on-topic, AFAIAC.

And tobacco is a plant, known as the noxious weed, which makes that
on topic as to its effects upon the human body. It's just as if we were
discussing Oleander or rue. AFAIC.

Yes, and gardeners smoke, drink beer - or wine - yadda, yadda, yadda,

That's right, Anne. Occasionally, we stray off-topic - but mostly we
stay on it because, as you may not yet know, beer comes from hops and
wine comes from grapes. Both subjects have been discussed here but as
you're rarely here, you've probably missed that. We're friends,
chatting and as happens at times, chat strays to other topics.
*Usually*, that remains friendly and those who don't wish to join in,
don't. What they don't do is bitch.

Still has precious little to do with the cover for compost heaps, though!
(Unless you're still in the business of covering Judith's arse, of course...)

I hadn't realised until now what a really trivial little woman you are.

Old 27-05-2009, 07:30 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

--
..
"'Mike'" wrote in message

On all the stores we have visited, we can only get Dark Green, but we
want
Light Green.

Has anyone seen such a colour?

Mike

Dark green is all they do Mike, how about getting a tin of white and
mixing
the two for desired shade? As long as the white is also Hammerite it
should
mix ok but may need a little of their thinners to make it a little
easier.Of
course you would have to take note of the quantities if you wanted to
continually match colour.

If you ARE going to mix it, you might care to consider mixing yellow
rather than white, or a combination of the two, for a more
satisfactory result. This presupposes that Hammerite make a yellow, of
course.

.................................................. .....................

Lime Green would have been a superb colour. Will look out for a tin of
Yellow Hammerrite

Thanks for tip

Mike

Old 28-05-2009, 08:03 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message , Pete C
writes

"'Mike'" wrote in message

On all the stores we have visited, we can only get Dark Green, but we want
Light Green.

Has anyone seen such a colour?

Mike

Shades available, here.......
http://www.hammerite.com/uk/products...al_shades.html
In their hints and tips, they do not recommend mixing colours.

I wouldn't try it, it needs well stirring before use, IMLE.
Only ever used the silver, on the drain inspection chamber cover.
--
Gordon H
Remove "invalid" to reply
Old 28-05-2009, 08:06 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message , Pete C
writes

Anne Welsh Jackson wrote:
Sacha wrote:

My garden gate is painted with Hammerite - that makes it on-topic,
AFAIAC.

And tobacco is a plant, known as the noxious weed, which makes that
on topic as to its effects upon the human body. It's just as if we
were discussing Oleander or rue. AFAIC.

Yes, and gardeners smoke, drink beer - or wine - yadda, yadda, yadda,

Still has precious little to do with the cover for compost heaps,
though! (Unless you're still in the business of covering Judith's
arse, of course...) Are you mixing up threads here Anne?

Whatever, I'd prefer Judiths arse UNcovered (thats a wink)

I thought of an extremely witty response to this, and then decided
against. There are other ways to keep flies away from the barbecue.
--
Gordon H
Remove "invalid" to reply

Grass paint aka Robbie United Kingdom 3 21-06-2003 11:08 PM
paint question Coffee Ponds 3 30-04-2003 05:09 AM
Watching paint dry William Tasso United Kingdom 3 13-04-2003 05:33 PM
WE PAINT FLOWERS ITER Australia 0 03-04-2003 12:20 PM
fencing Paint Howie United Kingdom 2 10-02-2003 09:16 AM