Old 03-06-2009, 11:56 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Mail Order Plants

In article ,
'Mike' wrote:
I am so terribly sorry that you doubt my words. All I can say in my defence,
which of course means nothing to you, is that I am NOT a computer whiz kid
and can only report on what I saw him do on his computer before my eyes. As
for copying anything to you, I have nothing on my computer to copy and again
repeat I do not have the access to such information you seek.

You most definitely aren't. And, sorry, but you did NOT report what
you saw - you reported either your interpretation of what you saw,
or your understanding of the line your tame nerd spun you.

If there has been no header forgery, you can see who has posted
something to a newsgroup. You cannot see who has read an article.
On some newsgroup servers, you can see who has read an article,
but that will tell you ONLY the people who used THAT server to read
the article. You won't be able to tell if I have, for example.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.
Old 03-06-2009, 12:03 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Nick.

Two questions which are very relavent

1) Do you believe in ghosts?
2) Have you seen a ghost?

Kind regards

Mike

Old 03-06-2009, 01:04 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"'Mike'" wrote in message

I do not have the access to such information you seek.

BUT you stated that your friend
had already picked up on my recent posting on Mirabel and Michael Osler,
went in and showed who had visited and when
and left their 'footprint',
he then identified some of them.

If your claim is true you have only to ask him to "go in" again and pass you
the "footprint" he found.

But we know that he cannot "go in" to a newsgroup and get any such
"footprint".
The most he could have done is to look into *your* computer, knowing your IP
address and assuming you have inadequate protection.
He could not see who else had looked at the newsgroup post, as you
specifically stated.

So your claim is false, which makes you a liar as Fuschia previously stated.

you have joined the ranks of 'Mike Knockers'

Whatever makes you think you are important enough to have "ranks of
knockers"?
Your "ranks of knockers" are simply the many people who have upset over
several years on-line.

You are a very insignificant litttle man who has over a period of years
discredited yourself on this and other newsgroups.
If not actually telling lies you embroider and exaggerate the truth in
various ways to make yourself feel important. I could point to various
examples on this NG alone, but regular posters will already be familiar with
them and I have no wish to enter a lengthy correspondence with you.

As others has already pointed out, it is mainly or entirely the ladies on
this newsgroup who suffer from your unpleasantness. This thread again
demonstrates it. I make no accusations about this, but have my private
thoughts on what aberration it might indicate.

Since you repeatedly state that you are not a gardener, I find it difficult
to understand why you follow this newsgroup so closely and choose to offend
the posters on it. The group was so much more friendly during your recent
absence due to your unfortunate illness. If you have an ounce of decency you
will quietly leave the group and find another way to occupy your time. This
at least might earn you a little respect.

RG

Old 03-06-2009, 01:05 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2009-06-03 11:56:54 +0100, said:

In article ,
'Mike' wrote:
[...]

If his fantasies are to be believed, Mike Crowe and his sidekick have
hacked into someone's computer and Mike is going to ask his computer
friend to show him how to do it. That is a criminal offence which
should be reported to his ISP as it is being done at his request.
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com
Shrubs & perennials. Tender & exotics.
South Devon

Old 03-06-2009, 01:08 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article ,
'Mike' wrote:

Two questions which are very relavent

1) Do you believe in ghosts?
2) Have you seen a ghost?

Of course. Miss Willmott's.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

Old 03-06-2009, 01:13 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Feel better now?

Sorry that you have chosen to 'knock' me as well. I trust that you get some
form of satisfaction of 'going with the clique' :-((

I can only state what I saw on someone elses computer.

The same questions as I have posted to Nick ....

1) Do you believe in ghosts?
2) Have you seen a ghost?

Kindest regards

Mike

Old 03-06-2009, 01:14 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

If his fantasies are to be believed, Mike Crowe and his sidekick have
hacked into someone's computer and Mike is going to ask his computer
friend to show him how to do it. That is a criminal offence which should
be reported to his ISP as it is being done at his request.
Sacha

So sorry you have to have another dig at me, but I can only report what I
saw.

The same questions again ...

1) Do you believe in ghosts?
2) Have you seen a ghost?

Kindest possible regards
Do have a nice afternoon, I will

Mike

Old 03-06-2009, 01:29 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"'Mike'" wrote in message

If his fantasies are to be believed, Mike Crowe and his sidekick have
hacked into someone's computer and Mike is going to ask his computer
friend to show him how to do it. That is a criminal offence which
should be reported to his ISP as it is being done at his request.
Sacha

So sorry you have to have another dig at me, but I can only report what I
saw.

Indeed.
You have just confirmed once again that you observed someone performing
actions which are offences under the Interception of Communications Act
1985.
I trust that you have reported him to the police.
If not, you are an accessory to his offences and may also be guilty of
conspiracy to perform those offences.

As I am sure you are aware, your local police are at

Shanklin Police Station,
Landguard Road,
Shanklin, PO37 7HT

Phone: 0845 045 45 45.

Please confirm to me urgently that you have reported these offences,
otherwise I shall have to do so myself.
I am sure that other posters here who suspect their computers may have been
hacked by your friend with your knowledge, will be doing the same.

RG

Old 03-06-2009, 01:48 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Thank you for your information, I will follow it up

Kind regards

Mike

Old 03-06-2009, 01:56 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"'Mike'" wrote in message
Thank you for your information, I will follow it up

Kind regards

Glad to be of assistance, Mike.

RG

Just to assist you (or anyone else interested in the matter),
I have highlighted the relevant passages in your earlier email with ****

On Wed, 3 Jun 2009 08:37:46 +0100, "'Mike'"
wrote:

It was shown to me by a chap who knows computers inside out. He was showing
me where I had been from his computer. On many of the sites I subscribe to
it is quite easy to see who is visiting, how many have visited and how many
have made postings and I remarked that on newsgroups this was not possible.
He explained and showed how it could be done and he had already picked up
on my recent posting on Mirabel and Michael Osler, went in and showed who
had visited and when and left their 'footprint', he then identified some of
them.

**** The frightening part was when he went into one persons computer
**** because they happened to be on line at the time, and read what they
were
**** doing. Their security was NIL!!!
[RG - Offences under Interception of Communications Act ???]

As with all computer nerds, his fingers were across the keyboard putting
codes in so fast I could never remember them, so I wouldn't know how to get
in again.

**** However I will ask him to write it down because I am curious.
[RG - Incitement to commit offences under Interception of Communications Act
???]

Will report back as and when I know something.

Kindest regards

Mike

Old 03-06-2009, 02:04 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Further to my last post, it seems that the Interception of Communications
Act only applies to messages in transit.

For hacking into computers as alleged by Mike, the relevant legislation is
the Computer Misuse Act 1990 -

http://www.opsi.gov.uk/acts/acts1990...00018_en_1.htm

IANAL - I am not a lawyer, but I'm sure the police and CPS will know which
Acts apply.

Old 03-06-2009, 02:09 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

--
..
"RG" wrote in message
Further to my last post, it seems that the Interception of Communications
Act only applies to messages in transit.

For hacking into computers as alleged by Mike, the relevant legislation is
the Computer Misuse Act 1990 -

http://www.opsi.gov.uk/acts/acts1990...00018_en_1.htm

IANAL - I am not a lawyer, but I'm sure the police and CPS will know which
Acts apply.

Thank you so much for your kind information. As I do not wish to be in
trouble, I will, as I said, follow this up.

Thank you so much once again.

Someone shows you how easy it is to get into information for MY benefit and
to make sure MY security is up to date, and it leads to all sorts of trouble
:-((((

Kind regards

Mike

Old 03-06-2009, 03:21 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2009-06-03 13:29:58 +0100, "RG" said:

"'Mike'" wrote in message

[...]

Well, given Mr Crowe's perpetual harassment of me, I'm certainly going
to get my computer guru to check mine over.

Old 03-06-2009, 03:42 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2009-06-03 13:29:58 +0100, "RG" said:

"'Mike'" wrote in message

[...]

I've just read this and I'm VERY unhappy! I spend a lot of time
reading this NG and it might have been my computer that they were
hacking into. I have a virus checker but what personal information
have they seen?
I'm going to call my local police right now and get it properly
investigated.
Old 03-06-2009, 04:59 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2009-06-03 13:29:58 +0100, "RG" said:

"'Mike'" wrote in message

[...]

While you are at it get the auditors check the charity accounts.

?? I don't have anything to do with charity accounts, mine or
anyone's! I've already emailed my computer techie asking him about
this so will wait to see what he has to say about it.