Old 01-06-2009, 09:29 PM
Registered User

Thumbs down Mail Order Plants

Ordered some plants from a dealer online..Never again 1 box looked like it had been kicked all the way from the supplier, another delivery containing 6 x plug plants was forced through the letterbox,...In total 24 plants were ruined
contacted the supplier who said they would be replaced, 6 were replaced the other 18 they couldnt so my debit card is to be credited, took delivery of another 198 bedding plug plants, some looked ok some looked slightly stressed will be very lucky if 50% survive to plant out....................
Old 02-06-2009, 07:36 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Mail Order Plants

--
..
"rabc" wrote in message

Ordered some plants from a dealer online..Never again 1 box looked like
it had been kicked all the way from the supplier, another delivery
containing 6 x plug plants was forced through the letterbox,...In total
24 plants were ruined
contacted the supplier who said they would be replaced, 6 were replaced
the other 18 they couldnt so my debit card is to be credited, took
delivery of another 198 bedding plug plants, some looked ok some looked
slightly stressed will be very lucky if 50% survive to plant
out....................

You cannot beat 'Buying Local' and see what you get before you buy.
We have some wonderful Garden Centres and Nurseries around us with plants on
display and cared for

Mike

Old 02-06-2009, 07:53 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

--
..
"rabc" wrote in message

Ordered some plants from a dealer online..Never again 1 box looked like
it had been kicked all the way from the supplier, another delivery
containing 6 x plug plants was forced through the letterbox,...In total
24 plants were ruined
contacted the supplier who said they would be replaced, 6 were replaced
the other 18 they couldnt so my debit card is to be credited, took
delivery of another 198 bedding plug plants, some looked ok some looked
slightly stressed will be very lucky if 50% survive to plant
out....................

Sorry for a follow on, but I remember Sachsa saying that they would 'never'
do mail order because the plants are at the mercy of the post or carriers,
you had this experience of stuff through the letter box, plants arrived
'dead' so the customer said, and unscrupulous customers who complained about
anything anyway and either wanted their money back or another supply of
plants "Thus putting us out of pocket and actually costing us money" (or
words of that effect)

Mike

Old 02-06-2009, 09:29 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2009-06-01 21:29:33 +0100, rabc said:

Ordered some plants from a dealer online..Never again 1 box looked like
it had been kicked all the way from the supplier, another delivery
containing 6 x plug plants was forced through the letterbox,...In total
24 plants were ruined
contacted the supplier who said they would be replaced, 6 were replaced
the other 18 they couldnt so my debit card is to be credited, took
delivery of another 198 bedding plug plants, some looked ok some looked
slightly stressed will be very lucky if 50% survive to plant
out....................

I hope you have asked the supplier to ensure that you get a claim form
from the courier, too, if there's any question of you being out of
pocket. We've only recently started doing mail order though my husband
was very reluctant at first for all the reasons you mention ( we don't
do plugs) We do use a courier and the only complaint we've had in 10
months was from someone who said it was okay to deliver plants while
she was away as she had reliable staff. She then wrote and said the
plants were very dry when they arrived the day she got back from work
and the boxes knocked about. I used the courier's tracking service
and found they had been delivered and who had signed for them. They
were delivered, as usual, by 3pm next day, as she'd instructed and
*not* the day she got back to work but had in fact, been taken in by
someone who hadn't bothered to unpack them and who had been shuffling
them around his office for two weeks! Happily, she wrote to me,
explaining it wasn't our fault or our courier's and saying she thought
the plants would survive. This is why we use a service where we and
the courier insist on a signature on delivery. There are other
Nurserymen posting here who use a similar system successfully.
Personally, I've used other mail order plant suppliers with no trouble
but after a couple of disappointments (before I married my Nurseryman!)
I wouldn't buy plugs mail order again. I'd go for bigger plants but
Iknow others here have found differently.

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com
Exotic plants, shrubs & perennials
South Devon

Old 02-06-2009, 09:33 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

--
..
On 2009-06-01 21:29:33 +0100, rabc said:

Ordered some plants from a dealer online..Never again 1 box looked like
it had been kicked all the way from the supplier, another delivery
containing 6 x plug plants was forced through the letterbox,...In total
24 plants were ruined
contacted the supplier who said they would be replaced, 6 were replaced
the other 18 they couldnt so my debit card is to be credited, took
delivery of another 198 bedding plug plants, some looked ok some looked
slightly stressed will be very lucky if 50% survive to plant
out....................

I hope you have asked the supplier to ensure that you get a claim form
from the courier, too, if there's any question of you being out of pocket.
We've only recently started doing mail order though my husband was very
reluctant at first for all the reasons you mention (

I feel sure you were quite adamant that you would NOT do mail order!

Correct me if I am wrong, but I don't think I am

Kind regards

Mike

Old 02-06-2009, 12:00 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"'Mike'" wrote in message
o.uk...

Correct me if I am wrong, but I don't think I am

I have lost count of the times you have been wrong and been corrected. Never
once have you acknowledged the fact.

In this particular case I don't know whether you are right or wrong, but I
DO know that it's absolutely none of your business how Sacha manages her
affairs.

I understand that you live near a cliff. Why don't you do us all a favour
and go for a nice long walk?

Very kindest regards

Old 02-06-2009, 12:29 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

--
..
"RG" wrote in message
"'Mike'" wrote in message
o.uk...

Correct me if I am wrong, but I don't think I am

I have lost count of the times you have been wrong and been corrected.
Never once have you acknowledged the fact.

In this particular case I don't know whether you are right or wrong, but I
DO know that it's absolutely none of your business how Sacha manages her
affairs.

I understand that you live near a cliff. Why don't you do us all a favour
and go for a nice long walk?

Very kindest regards

I trust you feel better now having got that off your chest?

I quite agree that it is not ANYONE'S business how anyone runs their
business, but to make a statement that she will NOT do mail order, for the
reasons stated in the OPs statement, then to announce that she DOES do mail
order, concerns everybody if she broadcasts her business to all and sundry,
as she does here.

Don't you find it rather 'funny', 'odd' even 'two faced' to pick me up for
'advertising', 'commenting on', my ex service reunions etc? Even to be
questioned on my Presidency of an RAF Association? (President of an RN
Association now as well:-)) and if you think it is off topic, the subject
arose when my wife, as wife of the President, was presented with a basket of
flowers at a huge parade at RAF Cosford. "Certain people" chose to 'mistake'
my posting, that I was President of the Royal Air Forces Association!!!!

With reference to the Cliff Path, one of the prettiest walks on the Isle of
Wight and I walk quite a bit of it every evening. Part of my rehab from
Quadruple Heart Bye Pass Surgery. Thank you so much for your concern for my
health.

:-)))

Kind regards

Old 02-06-2009, 01:27 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Tue, 2 Jun 2009 12:00:20 +0100, "RG" wrote:

"'Mike'" wrote in message
news:lO6dnQCMpNtzfrnXnZ2dnUVZ8nadnZ2d@brightview. co.uk...

Correct me if I am wrong, but I don't think I am

I have lost count of the times you have been wrong and been corrected. Never
once have you acknowledged the fact.

In this particular case I don't know whether you are right or wrong, but I
DO know that it's absolutely none of your business how Sacha manages her
affairs.

I understand that you live near a cliff. Why don't you do us all a favour
and go for a nice long walk?

Very kindest regards

I know just how you feel. 'Mike' is a liar and a braggart and loves to
start arguments. He admits that he is not a gardener so I don't know
why he comes here except that there are a lot of female posters.
He only seems to insult the ladies so I think he must get some sort of
trembly pleasure from it.
All the regulars now either killfile him or just ignore him.

Old 02-06-2009, 01:30 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

I know just how you feel. 'Mike' is a liar

Let's start here. Please post ANY lie I have made.

Pigs will fly

Kindest possible regards

Mike

Old 02-06-2009, 03:44 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"'Mike'" wrote in message

I know just how you feel. 'Mike' is a liar

Let's start here. Please post ANY lie I have made.

Pigs will fly

Kindest possible regards

That's what happens when you are killfiled Mike. You don't get answers.

Talking of being ignored, I have read your post about Mirabel and Michael
Osler, where you said-

AMAZING!!! So many people have visited this question and left their
'footprint', including those who have 'kill filed' me.

Can you explain how you know who had read your post?
And did *I* leave a 'footprint' - before today?

Kindest possible regards.

Old 03-06-2009, 12:11 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2009-06-02 12:00:20 +0100, "RG" said:

"'Mike'" wrote in message
o.uk...

Correct me if I am wrong, but I don't think I am

I have lost count of the times you have been wrong and been corrected.
Never once have you acknowledged the fact.

In this particular case I don't know whether you are right or wrong,
but I DO know that it's absolutely none of your business how Sacha
manages her affairs.

Very kind of you but you're talking to a rather silly man so I'm afraid
you're wasting your energy. He either can't get it, or he won't get it.
The Nursery belongs to my husband and his son, not to me. I support,
help, do whatever is required of me in that regard but no final
decisions are mine. We went in for mail order at my suggestion but not
following my decision, as my husband wasn't at all keen on the idea at
one time. Various things contributed to his change of mind and as it
has become more and more successful and orders build up, he realises
how many people now shop online (including me who was last in a
supermarket on Christmas Eve!) so he's glad we've gone for it. Crowe
has been running a vendetta against me for years and succeeds only in
making himself look more and more foolish, which seems apt, especially
as I and so many others, will not engage the poor man in an exchange of
posts. He's to be pitied as an ineffective irritant, IMO.
snip

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com
Shrubs & perennials. Tender & exotics.
South Devon

Old 03-06-2009, 08:37 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Talking of being ignored, I have read your post about Mirabel and Michael
Osler, where you said-

AMAZING!!! So many people have visited this question and left their
'footprint', including those who have 'kill filed' me.

Can you explain how you know who had read your post?
And did *I* leave a 'footprint' - before today?

Kindest possible regards.

It was shown to me by a chap who knows computers inside out. He was showing
me where I had been from his computer. On many of the sites I subscribe to
it is quite easy to see who is visiting, how many have visited and how many
have made postings and I remarked that on newsgroups this was not possible.
He explained and showed how it could be done and he had already picked up on
my recent posting on Mirabel and Michael Osler, went in and showed who had
visited and when and left their 'footprint', he then identified some of
them. The frightening part was when he went into one persons computer
because they happened to be on line at the time, and read what they were
doing. Their security was NIL!!!

As with all computer nerds, his fingers were across the keyboard putting
codes in so fast I could never remember them, so I wouldn't know how to get
in again. However I will ask him to write it down because I am curious.

Will report back as and when I know something.

Kindest regards

Mike
(Is your security up to date???????)

Old 03-06-2009, 08:56 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Crowe has been running a vendetta against me for years --
Sacha

POT KETTLE BLACK

Kindest possible regards

Mike :-))

Do have a nice day

Old 03-06-2009, 10:40 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"'Mike'" wrote in message
[...]

Well that sounds like a load of well-rotted organic matter to me.

Whilst it is perfectly possible to remotely access an individual victim's
computer,
assuming that (a) you know their IP address and
(b) they do not have an efficient firewall,
it is NOT possible to monitor a thread on a newsgroup and see who has
accessed it.

So please tell us all how your friend

had already picked up on my recent posting on Mirabel and Michael Osler,
went in and showed who had visited and when
and left their 'footprint',
he then identified some of them.

and give us a few examples of these footprints.

With deepest respect

RG

Old 03-06-2009, 11:36 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

I am so terribly sorry that you doubt my words. All I can say in my defence,
which of course means nothing to you, is that I am NOT a computer whiz kid
and can only report on what I saw him do on his computer before my eyes. As
for copying anything to you, I have nothing on my computer to copy and again
repeat I do not have the access to such information you seek.

Very very sorry that you do not believe me and that you have joined the
ranks of 'Mike Knockers'

Very best wishes

Mike