GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Greenhouse advice (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/184417-greenhouse-advice.html)

Ian[_4_] 03-06-2009 05:28 PM

Greenhouse advice

I'm completely new to gardening but I'm about to retire and I need a new
hobby. I've made a 6'x8' space/base for a greenhouse in our South-facing
garden. Can anyone advise me re type (glass or plastic), source (new or
second hand), or any other hints/tips when buying a greenhouse please ?

Thanks in advance,

Ian

Charlie Pridham[_2_] 08-06-2009 11:56 AM

Greenhouse advice

In article ,
says...
I'm completely new to gardening but I'm about to retire and I need a new
hobby. I've made a 6'x8' space/base for a greenhouse in our South-facing
garden. Can anyone advise me re type (glass or plastic), source (new or
second hand), or any other hints/tips when buying a greenhouse please ?

Thanks in advance,

Ian

Go for glass, if you have grandchildren it may pay to opt for safety
glass, if you can get 2 roof vents rather than one thats good, and it may
be worth having a low leval louvre vent as well.
When chosing makes go for the ones with additional cross braces,
In short you only want 1 so go for quality not price
--
Charlie Pridham, Gardening in Cornwall
www.roselandhouse.co.uk