Old 04-06-2009, 07:03 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Dear Gardeners

I had my laptop checked today and the firewall seems to have kept out
Mike's friend. I discussed it with my husband and we have passed the
information about the hacking to our solicitor who will decide what
action to take.
I have enjoyed reading all the gardening chat and advice here,
although I haven't posted very much because my own knowledge is very
basic.
But it has been ruined for me by Mike with all his horrible posting
and lies. He obviously gets a perverted pleasure out of taunting us
ladies and I don't want to think any more what he is up to behind his
keyboard.
So this is to say Goodbye from me to all you nice people, and I hope
that you can eventually get rid of the worst garden pest ever.

Old 04-06-2009, 07:19 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

--
..
"Fuschia" wrote in message
I had my laptop checked today and the firewall seems to have kept out
Mike's friend. I discussed it with my husband and we have passed the
information about the hacking to our solicitor who will decide what
action to take.
I have enjoyed reading all the gardening chat and advice here,
although I haven't posted very much because my own knowledge is very
basic.
But it has been ruined for me by Mike with all his horrible posting
and lies. He obviously gets a perverted pleasure out of taunting us
ladies and I don't want to think any more what he is up to behind his
keyboard.
So this is to say Goodbye from me to all you nice people, and I hope
that you can eventually get rid of the worst garden pest ever.

You don't keep up do you?

Cheerio

Mike

Old 04-06-2009, 07:48 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2009-06-04 19:03:54 +0100, Fuschia said:

I had my laptop checked today and the firewall seems to have kept out
Mike's friend. I discussed it with my husband and we have passed the
information about the hacking to our solicitor who will decide what
action to take.
I have enjoyed reading all the gardening chat and advice here,
although I haven't posted very much because my own knowledge is very
basic.
But it has been ruined for me by Mike with all his horrible posting
and lies. He obviously gets a perverted pleasure out of taunting us
ladies and I don't want to think any more what he is up to behind his
keyboard.
So this is to say Goodbye from me to all you nice people, and I hope
that you can eventually get rid of the worst garden pest ever.

I'm really sorry to read this and hope that when a little time has
passed, you'll reconsider. I've been a target of Mike's for years -
this whole nonsense has started because he has taken umbrage at my
husband's business starting mail order without consulting Crowe, it
seems. Joke! ;-) But really, please don't let someone so impotent
spoil a newsgroup for you. He's not even a member of the group, just a
persistent troll. If you'd like to email me, please feel free to do so
through the Nursery site. If I'm not the one to receive it firsthand,
it will be passed on to my private account. But really, someone as
patently ridiculous as Crowe should not (IMO) send anyone off a
newsgroup.
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com
Shrubs & perennials. Tender & exotics.
South Devon

Old 04-06-2009, 07:57 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

He's not even a member of the group, --
Sacha

Wrong word there. For 'Group' read, "clique"

Kindest regards

Mike

Old 04-06-2009, 08:23 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Jun 4, 7:57*pm, "'Mike'" wrote:

"Kindest regards"

Mike

What a hypocrite you are, you sad old troll!

Old 04-06-2009, 09:15 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Fuschia wrote:
I had my laptop checked today and the firewall seems to have kept out
Mike's friend. I discussed it with my husband and we have passed the
information about the hacking to our solicitor who will decide what
action to take.
I have enjoyed reading all the gardening chat and advice here,
although I haven't posted very much because my own knowledge is very
basic.
But it has been ruined for me by Mike with all his horrible posting
and lies. He obviously gets a perverted pleasure out of taunting us
ladies and I don't want to think any more what he is up to behind his
keyboard.
So this is to say Goodbye from me to all you nice people, and I hope
that you can eventually get rid of the worst garden pest ever.

Please don't leave Fuschia. You were very kind when I first arrived and I
would hate to see someone like you leave.
The odious Mike has done the same in other groups and only left when he was
totally ignored.

I am sure we can do it here. He is a nasty piece of work and not worth
changing your life.

Please reconsider.

Ophelia

Old 04-06-2009, 09:34 PM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ophelia[_4_] View Post
Fuschia wrote:
[...]

Trolls have inbuilt deafness and skins like toughened leather. Ignore them - they are sad and friendless souls sighing through cyberspace looking for reactions.
Old 04-06-2009, 09:58 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Ophelia" wrote in message
| Fuschia wrote:

| Please don't leave Fuschia. You were very kind when I first arrived and I
| would hate to see someone like you leave.
| The odious Mike has done the same in other groups and only left when he
was
| totally ignored.
|
| I am sure we can do it here. He is a nasty piece of work and not worth
| changing your life.
|
| Please reconsider.
|
| Ophelia

That's the important thing, don't feed the troll then he'll get bored and go
elsewhere. Even better killfile him then you don't even see his posts.

Old 04-06-2009, 11:11 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Jun 4, 7:03*pm, Fuschia wrote:
I had my laptop checked today and the firewall seems to have kept out
Mike's friend. I discussed it with my husband and we have passed the
information about the hacking to our solicitor who will decide what
action to take.
I have enjoyed reading all the gardening chat and advice here,
although I haven't posted very much because my own knowledge is very
basic.
But it has been ruined for me by Mike with all his horrible posting
and lies. He obviously gets a perverted pleasure out of taunting us
ladies and I don't want to think any more what he is up to behind his
keyboard.
So this is to say Goodbye from me to all you nice people, and I hope
that you can eventually get rid of the worst garden pest ever. *

Hey you, email me, don't you dare leave, we need your expertise.

Judith
Old 04-06-2009, 11:24 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Fuschia" wrote ...
I had my laptop checked today and the firewall seems to have kept out
Mike's friend. I discussed it with my husband and we have passed the
information about the hacking to our solicitor who will decide what
action to take.
I have enjoyed reading all the gardening chat and advice here,
although I haven't posted very much because my own knowledge is very
basic.
But it has been ruined for me by Mike with all his horrible posting
and lies. He obviously gets a perverted pleasure out of taunting us
ladies and I don't want to think any more what he is up to behind his
keyboard.
So this is to say Goodbye from me to all you nice people, and I hope
that you can eventually get rid of the worst garden pest ever.

Dear lady, if I walked away from every silly little shit I met I'd be
walking backwards all my life.
Just laugh at Mike the village idiot, as most of us do, and get on with the
gardening.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden

Old 05-06-2009, 12:23 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

I've only just found this newsgroup - there are some very useful
postings here, but is this antagonism usual - I'm not sure I want to
sort through this to get at the practical info.

Please tell me it's rare.

Old 05-06-2009, 01:23 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"hound" wrote in message
o.uk...
I've only just found this newsgroup - there are some very useful postings
here, but is this antagonism usual - I'm not sure I want to sort through
this to get at the practical info.

Please tell me it's rare.

If you just ignore any postings from "mike", who doesnt usually have
anything much to say about gardening in a gardening newsgroup, you will find
lots and lots of nice people, who are willing to share their expertise,
helpful tips, and we do veer off occasionally, to different subjects, but it
all adds to the friendliness of the group.

Tell us about your garden! and dont forget to tell us where you live, I'm in
Formby, Merseyside, I have a long narrow garden, sort of segmentet into
small area's, have lots of seating around, and am not a veg. grower, much to
my guilt, when I read about all the lovely food......but I just love
flowers, and especially scented ones, I have about 9 buddlia's, and lots of
bees and butterflies. In fact, we are considering keeping bees, any bee
keepers on the group?

Old 05-06-2009, 08:08 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"hound" wrote in message
o.uk...
I've only just found this newsgroup - there are some very useful postings
here, but is this antagonism usual - I'm not sure I want to sort through
this to get at the practical info.

Please tell me it's rare.

Hello Hound, welcome to the group.
Before I joined a couple of years ago the guy that sent me here for good
garden advise added "but watch out, they bite back". He was right, you get
great gardening advise but those that start stupid arguments do get bitten.
I mostly sit back and read the threads that interest me, some of the stupid
stuff can be interesting and entertaining (in a morbid kind of way) but if
you find it offensive then that is what the delete key is for.

I remain glad that I joined, and my garden is looking all the better for it.

What's your name by the way.

Mike
(The Muddy one)

Old 05-06-2009, 08:26 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article ,
hound wrote:
I've only just found this newsgroup - there are some very useful
postings here, but is this antagonism usual - I'm not sure I want to
sort through this to get at the practical info.

Please tell me it's rare.

It's rare.

More seriously, it's almost entirely one person, and I wish that
other people would ignore his irrelevant posts. And, yes, I remember
when he posted relevant ones. Other people (including me) will get
ratty at intervals, but no more than you would expect in a random
conversation.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.
Old 05-06-2009, 11:41 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Fuschia" wrote in message
I had my laptop checked today and the firewall seems to have kept out
Mike's friend. I discussed it with my husband and we have passed the
information about the hacking to our solicitor who will decide what
action to take.
I have enjoyed reading all the gardening chat and advice here,
although I haven't posted very much because my own knowledge is very
basic.
But it has been ruined for me by Mike with all his horrible posting
and lies. He obviously gets a perverted pleasure out of taunting us
ladies and I don't want to think any more what he is up to behind his
keyboard.
So this is to say Goodbye from me to all you nice people, and I hope
that you can eventually get rid of the worst garden pest ever.

Dear Fuchsia,

Please, please don't go on account of this arrogant length of irritation;
he's not worth it. I'm in no position to speak, I know, having crawled back
under my stone a couple of years ago, but it would be the most horrendous
shame if you left. You're one of the good guys. If you really want to
protect your computer and yourself, you'd be better advised to beef up your
pc security with an extra firewall or similar. These days, you really need
that protection anyway and it would be money well spent.

Please stay and continue to take part in this friendly group. It's the
idiots we need to leave, not genuine people like you. A certain invisible
person is merely a figment of your imagination. Most of what he says is a
figment of his imagination. Easy, then, to blot him out.

Do, please, stay.
Spider