Old 05-06-2009, 08:39 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default OT. What would you do?

I posted this question on another newsgroup, again off topic, but some
interesting answers/comments/conversations have come out.

I just wonder how the same question fares here :-))

You wake up in the morning, you are in charge of the country and it is your
task to get the country out of the mess it is in.

Over the next three months, what will you do? What changes will you make?
This doesn't mean your changes will get us out of the mess in 3 months, but
what would you do within the three months as starters?

YOU have a free hand

Off you go, get us out of this mess.

--
..

Old 05-06-2009, 09:39 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Fri, 5 Jun 2009 08:39:56 +0100, "'Mike'"
wrote:

I posted this question on another newsgroup, again off topic, but some
interesting answers/comments/conversations have come out.

I just wonder how the same question fares here :-))

You wake up in the morning, you are in charge of the country and it is your
task to get the country out of the mess it is in.

Over the next three months, what will you do? What changes will you make?
This doesn't mean your changes will get us out of the mess in 3 months, but
what would you do within the three months as starters?

YOU have a free hand

Off you go, get us out of this mess.

Allotments for all.
Cull MPs. I mean cut back on their insane claims. Ban their cafes
limiting price inflation to only 5% in the HoC when they known
supermarket inflation is 18% yet the ONS lie about it all.
Make private rents the same as council rent levels. Make more social
housing. Triple council tax on second/third/holiday homes.
I'd make changes to the meausres of inflation - so that it counts
human basics and not blue-ray discs.
I'd ban alcohol drinking on the streets except in licenced areas.
Licences would be easy to get for village fetes and other social
events.
I'd impose tough sentences on yobbish behaviour.
--
http://www.freedeliveryuk.co.uk
http://www.holidayunder100.co.uk
Old 05-06-2009, 09:49 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote:

You wake up in the morning, you are in charge of the country and it is your
task to get the country out of the mess it is in.

Over the next three months, what will you do

resign.

or

explain to the people that the banks messed up and that better
regulation is being put in place, bonuses will be geared to longer
term success but that it will take years for things to pick up.

Fight to democratise and limit the EU, to do this I would form
alliances with any like minded country.

Raise the Motorway speed limit to 80 and put the camera vans outside
schools, not on motorway bridges.

Tell the public there's no free lunch, if you want services you pay
taxes, period.

Abolish the internal market in the health service and divert the money
to medical care.

Unilaterally take control of our fishing grounds and regulate for
sustainability.

Build nuclear power stations.

Get central govt out of local govt and tell the voters to vote on
local issues.

Buy a cottage in Cornwall with a nice bit of land, fix it up on
expenses.

Resign.
--
Mike
Old 05-06-2009, 09:50 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Fri, 05 Jun 2009 09:39:49 +0100, mogga
wrote:

Triple council tax on second/third/holiday homes.

and that. Do you want to be chancellor?
--
Mike
Old 05-06-2009, 02:52 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote:

Triple council tax on second/third/holiday homes.

and that. Do you want to be chancellor?

Ooo why is there room in the cabinet for one now?

Old 06-06-2009, 12:16 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote:

[...]

I have looked and thought about your suggestions in depth. I would like to
vote Mogga as the next PM. i especially like the yobbish behaviour one.

We one went away for a weeks holiday and our lovely neighbour had been in
our garden with weed killer and killed every plant. She admitted it the day
we moved out so I am all for your suggestions for a better britain.

long may mogga rule