Old 09-06-2009, 03:08 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Sea Kale

I sowed some Sea Kale seeds about 5 weeks ago (Lilywhite from Garden
Organic). Three have come up and are now about 2cm high, and that's how
they've been for a fortnight now: they seem to have just stopped. Sown in
John Innes seed compost in an unheated mini green house, minimum
temperatures have not fallen below 10 here in Jersey.

Am I doing something wrong? Why have they just stopped? or is this
normal? I've never tried to grow it before, as you can probably guess!
Old 09-06-2009, 04:48 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2009-06-09 15:27:37 +0100, Martin said:

On 9 Jun 2009 14:08:19 GMT, Derek Turner wrote:

I sowed some Sea Kale seeds about 5 weeks ago (Lilywhite from Garden
Organic). Three have come up and are now about 2cm high, and that's how
they've been for a fortnight now: they seem to have just stopped. Sown in
John Innes seed compost in an unheated mini green house, minimum
temperatures have not fallen below 10 here in Jersey.

Am I doing something wrong? Why have they just stopped? or is this
normal? I've never tried to grow it before, as you can probably guess!

Sea Kale's natural habitat is a shingle beach.
http://funzone.newforestnpa.gov.uk/w...astal/sea_kale

Derek is a skip and a jump from the sea. ;-)
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com
Shrubs & perennials. Tender & exotics.
South Devon

Old 09-06-2009, 04:58 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Sea Kale's natural habitat is a shingle beach.http://funzone.newforestnpa..gov.uk/...astal/sea_kale
--

Martin

They fare on a lot of menu's in Norfolk.

Judith
Old 09-06-2009, 07:24 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Jun 9, 5:04*pm, Martin wrote:
On Tue, 9 Jun 2009 08:58:41 -0700 (PDT), Judith in France

wrote:
On Jun 9, 3:27*pm, Martin wrote:
On 9 Jun 2009 14:08:19 GMT, Derek Turner wrote:

I sowed some Sea Kale seeds about 5 weeks ago (Lilywhite from Garden
Organic). Three have come up and are now about 2cm high, and that's how
they've been for a fortnight now: they seem to have just stopped. Sown in
John Innes seed compost in an unheated mini green house, minimum
temperatures have not fallen below 10 here in Jersey.

Am I doing something wrong? Why have they just stopped? or is this
normal? I've never tried to grow it before, as you can probably guess!

Sea Kale's natural habitat is a shingle beach.http://funzone.newforestnpa.gov.uk/w...astal/sea_kale
--

Martin

They fare on a lot of menu's in Norfolk.

and lots grow on shingle banks in Brittany, but I never saw sea kale on the
menu. Mind you none of the other local vegetables appeared on the menu either.
--

Martin

Stop, I have had little supper tonight; too busy; I think its time to
steam a whole lettuce for 60 seconds, toss in a light nut oil and eat,
drool, I need a glass of very, very dry white wine to go with it, any
suggestions?

Judith
Old 09-06-2009, 07:41 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote:

I sowed some Sea Kale seeds about 5 weeks ago (Lilywhite from
Garden Organic). Three have come up and are now about 2cm high, and
that's how they've been for a fortnight now: they seem to have just
stopped. Sown in John Innes seed compost in an unheated mini green
house, minimum temperatures have not fallen below 10 here in
Jersey.

Am I doing something wrong? Why have they just stopped? or is this
normal? I've never tried to grow it before, as you can probably
guess!

Sea Kale's natural habitat is a shingle
beach.http://funzone.newforestnpa.gov.uk/w...guide/coastal/

sea_kale
--

Martin

They fare on a lot of menu's in Norfolk.

and lots grow on shingle banks in Brittany, but I never saw sea kale on
the menu. Mind you none of the other local vegetables appeared on the
menu either. --

Martin

Stop, I have had little supper tonight; too busy; I think its time to
steam a whole lettuce for 60 seconds, toss in a light nut oil and eat,
drool, I need a glass of very, very dry white wine to go with it, any
suggestions?

Judith

Muscadet sur Lie, Pouilly Fume (sp?)

Sea Shepherd News Japan Acknowledges Sea Shepherd’s Defense of the Whales Holly United Kingdom 1 17-04-2008 04:30 PM
Sea Shepherd Announces: Seal Defense Campaign 2008! Sea ShepherdCrew to Shift from the Southern Ice to the Northern Ice [email protected] United Kingdom 1 06-04-2008 08:41 AM
sea kale tony4away via HomeKB.com Lawns 1 04-08-2006 01:21 AM
Sea Kale? Steve Harris United Kingdom 21 28-12-2003 05:43 PM
OT sea to shining sea KenCo Ponds 0 21-11-2003 03:13 AM