Old 10-06-2009, 04:05 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Horse Manure

Simon, I get manure from my farmer neighbour, he ensures that any
animal being treated with drugs is excluded from the manure heap.

Judith

That is lucky finding an organic farmer, are there many in France?

kate

I don't know Kate. My neighbour is very responsible, when one of his
cows is being treated with anti-biotics, he throws the milk away.

Judith

http://www.organic-europe.net/countr...ce/default.asp
Sachawww.hillhousenursery.com
Shrubs & perennials. Tender & exotics.
South Devon

Thanks Sacha, when I get a moment tomorrow I will peruse this.

Judith

Interesting subject, there are organic wormers for horses so I would expect
that something is available for other animals, tonight's homework I think.
We have just had a good thunderstorm and the bridge into Wales has just
appeared again

kate

Old 10-06-2009, 05:07 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2009-06-10 16:05:15 +0100, "Kate Morgan" said:

[...]

My Chepstow living offspring will be happy that she flew to Jersey
today then! She's beginning to get the gardening bug, too and I'm
really delighted. She has a fair-sized garden on two levels at the
back and a small front garden with all the lovely old Edwardian wrought
iron railings in the front, as well as on a little balcony. With the
amount of rain she gets there, I should think her eventual garden will
be needing a machete to get through it.