Old 11-06-2009, 05:09 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default A plea

--
..
On 2009-06-11 14:06:22 +0100, moghouse said:
snip

If you were the "good chap" you pretend to be you would have the
decency to go away and leave this group in peace for a while. Or could
it be that your elephantine skin will not allow any act of human
kindness to escape?

Please, please let's not encourage this egoist. Anyone who behaves as he
does to spoil this group and then expects urglers to wish him well must be
deranged. All this is an excuse to talk about himself and his operation
because nobody has shown the faintest interest in it! Sorry to make this
plea but ANY responses are feeding him the oxygen of attention. Believe
me, he would rather be reviled than ignored!
Sacha

Thank you sascha for another dig at me :-))

Feel better now?

Kindest POSSIBLE regards

Mike

Old 11-06-2009, 05:24 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Don't forget he has friends in uk.people.ex-forces and high places.
--

Martin

Please be good enough to tell me who the friends are in high places and also
when I last posted on uk.people.ex-forces.

Kindest regards

Mike

Old 11-06-2009, 08:19 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Wed, 10 Jun 2009 22:54:52 +0100, Kate Brown wrote
(in article ):

On Wed, 10 Jun 2009, Pete C wrote

Kate Brown wrote:
snippy
Rant understood.
urg isn't all that bad actually. Some sniping based on long standing enmity.
Just ignore. Beleive me, some other groups are like battlefields in hell

I'm very glad to hear it. I come from the calm waters of
uk.media.radio.archers, you know. Also the slightly more turbulent
waves of uk.sci.weather, but I only ever needed to killfile one name,
and I didn't want to start here.

There's an archers newsgroup? Rushes off to look :-) (The BBC forum is
unbearable.)

--
Sally in Shropshire, UK
Posted through uk.rec.gardening

Old 11-06-2009, 08:26 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

--
..
al.net...

Kate Brown wrote:
snippy
Rant understood.
urg isn't all that bad actually. Some sniping based on long standing
enmity.
Just ignore. Beleive me, some other groups are like battlefields in hell

I'm very glad to hear it. I come from the calm waters of
uk.media.radio.archers, you know. Also the slightly more turbulent
waves of uk.sci.weather, but I only ever needed to killfile one name,
and I didn't want to start here.

There's an archers newsgroup? Rushes off to look :-) (The BBC forum is
unbearable.)

--
Sally in Shropshire, UK
Posted through uk.rec.gardening

uk.media.radio.archers

Mike

Old 11-06-2009, 11:50 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Thu, 11 Jun 2009, Sally Thompson wrote

Kate Brown wrote:
snippy
Rant understood.
urg isn't all that bad actually. Some sniping based on long standing enmity.
Just ignore. Beleive me, some other groups are like battlefields in hell

I'm very glad to hear it. I come from the calm waters of
uk.media.radio.archers, you know. Also the slightly more turbulent
waves of uk.sci.weather, but I only ever needed to killfile one name,
and I didn't want to start here.

There's an archers newsgroup? Rushes off to look :-) (The BBC forum is
unbearable.)

Do pop in. We are usually quite civilised though we don't often talk
about the Archers. As with any long-standing newsgroup there are
catchphrases, but people are very happy to explain and will always
welcome you.

--
Kate B

PS 'elvira' is spamtrapped - please reply to 'elviraspam' at cockaigne dot org dot uk if you
want to reply personally

Old 12-06-2009, 02:37 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Kate Brown wrote:
snippy
Rant understood.
urg isn't all that bad actually. Some sniping based on long standing
enmity.
Just ignore. Beleive me, some other groups are like battlefields in
hell

I'm very glad to hear it. I come from the calm waters of
uk.media.radio.archers, you know. Also the slightly more turbulent
waves of uk.sci.weather, but I only ever needed to killfile one name,
and I didn't want to start here.

There's an archers newsgroup? Rushes off to look :-) (The BBC forum is
unbearable.)

Do pop in. We are usually quite civilised though we don't often talk
about the Archers. As with any long-standing newsgroup there are
catchphrases, but people are very happy to explain and will always welcome
you

.....as my old Granny used to say!

Graham

Old 12-06-2009, 11:57 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Thu, 11 Jun 2009 23:50:48 +0100, Kate Brown wrote
(in article ):

On Thu, 11 Jun 2009, Sally Thompson wrote
On Wed, 10 Jun 2009 22:54:52 +0100, Kate Brown wrote
(in article ):

snip

I'm very glad to hear it. I come from the calm waters of
uk.media.radio.archers, you know. Also the slightly more turbulent
waves of uk.sci.weather, but I only ever needed to killfile one name,
and I didn't want to start here.

There's an archers newsgroup? Rushes off to look :-) (The BBC forum is
unbearable.)

Do pop in. We are usually quite civilised though we don't often talk
about the Archers.

I have - and so I see :-)

--
Sally in Shropshire, UK
Posted through uk.rec.gardening

[IBC] A Plea to Commercial Growers [email protected] Bonsai 5 07-01-2004 06:43 PM
A plea from the froggies groovy Ponds 6 04-09-2003 02:02 AM
[IBC] A plea (read; RANT) from the listowner Jim Lewis Bonsai 0 15-05-2003 11:44 PM
Desparate plea for A.P.shindeshojo or deshojo seeds or seedlings or young plants in the uk dgdgdg Bonsai 0 15-05-2003 01:44 PM
OT, slightly odd but very genuine plea for help Paul Meech United Kingdom 6 30-11-2002 08:48 PM