Old 13-06-2009, 03:34 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Glorious day!

Get out of the house! It is lovely out there.

I have just dug up my first load of new potatoes and will be having some for
my dinner with crispy fesh lettuce and purple sprouting brocolli. Pudding
will be raspberries, the best strawberries on earth and red and black
currants. Earth to plate in two hours!

Down on the allotment today, with my lunch of Ful Medames I was eating salad
leaves and tiny beetroot, straight out of the ground with cider taken from
the flagon I keep in the water butt. Heaven!

The plants (and weeds) are going mad, the tadpoles have legs, there are bees
and hoverflies of all kinds and butterflies, painted ladies and cabbage
whites. Glorious day. I could live down there if they would let me.

--
Mark Hamer
www.another-way.co.uk

I don't want to arrive at my grave in an attractive and well preserved body,
hopefully I will be skidding in
sideways, Gin and Tonic in one hand -- Cigar in the other screaming YAHAAAY!

Old 13-06-2009, 05:13 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Jun 13, 3:34*pm, "Hamer Family" wrote:
Get out of the house! It is lovely out there.

I have just dug up my first load of new potatoes and will be having some for
my dinner with crispy fesh lettuce and purple sprouting brocolli. Pudding
will be raspberries, the best strawberries on earth and red and black
currants. Earth to plate in two hours!

I am assuming this is an invitation, Mark, we'll all be round about
7.30 p.m. O.K?

Glorious Weeds Jane Doe Garden Photos 1 03-07-2007 11:35 AM
Ginger, glorious ginger Zemedelec Gardening 3 17-11-2003 01:02 AM
Glorious Scented Clematis Janice United Kingdom 3 22-06-2003 12:32 PM