GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   scorched grass (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/184830-scorched-grass.html)

dido22 16-06-2009 12:11 PM

scorched grass

Hello.

I think I have scorched a patch of grass on my lawn, about a meter square.
(I left a piece of clear polythene there all day in the sunshine a few days
ago.)

Wil it recover alone, or do I need to re-seed it ?

I have been watering it well since I spotted it.

Thanks

KK

Charlie Pridham[_2_] 16-06-2009 12:41 PM

scorched grass

In article , says...
Hello.

I think I have scorched a patch of grass on my lawn, about a meter square.
(I left a piece of clear polythene there all day in the sunshine a few days
ago.)

Wil it recover alone, or do I need to re-seed it ?

I have been watering it well since I spotted it.

Thanks

KK

Yes it will recover but some more seed will spead things up
--
Charlie Pridham, Gardening in Cornwall
www.roselandhouse.co.uk

Fuschia[_3_] 16-06-2009 01:32 PM

scorched grass

On Tue, 16 Jun 2009 12:11:43 +0100, "dido22"
wrote:

Hello.

I think I have scorched a patch of grass on my lawn, about a meter square.
(I left a piece of clear polythene there all day in the sunshine a few days
ago.)

Wil it recover alone, or do I need to re-seed it ?

I have been watering it well since I spotted it.

You are doing the right thing. Just keep watering it and it will
recover. As Charlie said reseeding will help if it's badly damaged,
but if the seed is not the same variety you may end up with an odd
patch.