GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Apple tree: white curling leaves (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/184839-apple-tree-white-curling-leaves.html)

lagagnon 16-06-2009 04:33 PM

Apple tree: white curling leaves

We have two varieties of inherited apple tree, varietal unknown. This
year on both a few of the upper leaves are curling up, with a white
powdery substance on the leaf. This does not look like insects, but I
have not taken a magnifying glass to them yet - to me it looks more
like a fungus. Any ideas what I am up against and what I might spray
them with?

Larry

K 16-06-2009 11:31 PM

Apple tree: white curling leaves

lagagnon writes
We have two varieties of inherited apple tree, varietal unknown. This
year on both a few of the upper leaves are curling up, with a white
powdery substance on the leaf. This does not look like insects, but I
have not taken a magnifying glass to them yet - to me it looks more
like a fungus. Any ideas what I am up against and what I might spray
them with?

Mildew. If it's only a few leaves, I'd just remove the affected leaves.
For prevention, make sure your trees are receiving adequate water.
--
Kay