Old 17-06-2009, 05:29 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Umbrella Plant

One of my daughters has just telephoned to say her plant is losing leaves
from the top.

Any ideas?

Mike

--
..

Old 17-06-2009, 05:45 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

--
..
"'Mike'" wrote in message
One of my daughters has just telephoned to say her plant is losing leaves
from the top.

Any ideas?

Mike

--
.

OK Folks, thanks for your help. We have found the following by Googling and
reading a vast library of Gardening Books

""It could be the plant has spider mites. Schefflera are subject to them. A
good insecticidal soap on the backside of leaves should do the trick for
them. Also, do not let your plant sit in water. If possible water your plant
and let the water drain out, then place it back into its saucer. Oh, this is
a sun loving plant.... good luck.""

Will email this to our daughter.

Thanks again

Mike

Old 17-06-2009, 06:21 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"'Mike'" wrote
One of my daughters has just telephoned to say her plant is losing leaves
from the top.

Any ideas?

All you have found and also they don't like being moved IME and will
sometimes lose leaves in a huff if you do move them.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden

Old 17-06-2009, 06:24 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

--
..
"Bob Hobden" wrote in message

"'Mike'" wrote
One of my daughters has just telephoned to say her plant is losing leaves
from the top.

Any ideas?

All you have found and also they don't like being moved IME and will
sometimes lose leaves in a huff if you do move them.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden
just W. of London

Not moved to my knowledge Bob, but we will ask.

Other info texted over.

Mike